Thursday, September 7, 2023

Can Colander for Janet

 


This is from Amazon, the identical one to mine. Just press this into the can and the liquid rises into the colander. Hold the can and the colander so the liquid can be disposed of however you want. It is perfect for getting the water/oil from the tuna. Or, cover a can of vegetables with the colander and turn the can over to drain.


Wednesday, we collected the ads from three stores. A visit to the market and we bought 5 or 6 tomatoes for $5. 
.
Meals for lunch and dinner were leftovers. We do need to cook the ground bison.

Of course. I have been tired all day! 

Janet commented on the new can opener, so I thought I would post this picture of the identical can colander I have. I paid less in a store for this than it is priced on Amazon. However, you can buy a set of two on Amazon and the price is cheaper per item. I believe I found mine in Publix.

Does anyone use this or another type of can colander? It sure beats trying to mash the juice out with a fork. 


12 comments:

  1. Never seen such or heard of such a thing. I just cut the tops of cans until almost cut around and tip with lid still attached at a small point and drain. I guess I am not a big gadget person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      When I left the bit attached, I pressed the lid to get the liquid out.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that exact can colander. It's surprising just how gratifying a simple, useful kitchen tool can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda. In fact I do have a can colander! The problem is that we buy the large can of Albacore and the colander is a little too small. Fortunately my son can still use the hand held can opener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Great that you have one. I can still use a hand can opener that works. The problem is the can opener for the Oxo and the old, red one was just worn out, so it is in the trash. At least one person in the house needs to be able to use a manual can opener!

      Delete
  5. A useful kitchen tool :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have about 5 colanders of various shapes and sizes and that's enough. I don't remember ever buying any so how they are there is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. differerent sizes are needed. One huge one won't work.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...