Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Carrot Seeds?

 Reading Pillars of the Earth is challenging. It weighs over 2.5 pounds, so it is difficult to hold. I will get something to put across the arms of my chair. Then, I cannot hold it close enough. It is a slow go right now. But, I am enjoying it. 

I offered a friend a turkey from the depths of the bottom shelf of the freezer if he would unearth it. Well, there was no turkey, but I did give him a deli chicken. Maybe it is on the shelf above. I was not going to ask him to unload that. I also gave him 3 packages of hotdog buns. Maybe another day for the turkey...

Where are the carrot seeds??? I had them in my hands a few days ago. The pot is ready. 

Amazon is failing deliveries of my hair color. They keep sending me a color I cancelled along with the new color. Plus, this time, both boxes were crushed so that one would not stand up anymore. Tommy's pen needles are the wrong size, just not his preference. That is one of many items to call about fixing. I don't need replacements, just quit doing what they are doing. 

Now that I have the new, large pumpkin, I need to inventory my Halloween items. Last year, I did not use my other, smaller artificial pumpkins. I bought them for $3 in a huge duffle bag full of Halloween costumes and decorations three years ago. Most of that has been discarded or dispersed to others, including the duffle bag. I said I was buying nothing more for Halloween. Well, I do want some of the fall leaves. However, I will use points to buy those at Walgreen's. Now, Lowe's is fully stocked for Halloween. 

The day after the 4th, I went to Lowe's and heard drumming. It was a huge, lifesize monster or something, drumming away. 

Dinner: I had one bun, two hotdogs, chili, minimal cheese, slaw, baked carrot. Tommy had meatballs, steamed zucchini, squash and peppers, baked carrot. 

October was always the month I was so ill. But, last year it started in September and lasted for several months. So, I need to stay well for once! I will get my pneumonia shot this week.

Have you had anything continually mashed by Amazon?

Have you fall allergies set in yet?

Have you ever tried to read a book so heavy you could barely hold it?


13 comments:

  1. I recently got the pneumonia shot. I had heard that you only need one in your life but there have been new improvements so I received a new one. I will admit that it made my arm quite sore. Fortunately I had it injected into the shoulder that I do not sleep on. (I am a very still sleeper. I rarely move at all!) That same day I also received this year's flu shot and a DPT injection. I had originally gone to the pharmacy to ask if I was eligible for a Covid booster. Apparently I am up to date on the Covid shot. Here in Southern California the newest covid strain is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the new pneumonia shot. You might consider the RSV vaccine, too. I don't move either and have to sleep on my left side. However I go to sleep, I stay that way. So, I get vaccines in the right arm. I want the DPT without the T as I am allergic to it. So is daughter.

      Delete
  2. I like Pillars of the Earth fine, but I enjoyed Sarum by Edward Rutherford more.

    I was going to say that it's a wee bit early to be thinking about Halloween. But just today I bought huge pots of mums (tightly budded, no flowers yet) with tall purple fountain grass growing up through the center of them. They look very stately on my front porch in my tall, fluted concrete urns.

    Mums in 95 degree weather seem ridiculous, but I had to buy them because if I didn't, they'd be sold out by next week. Needs must...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Never heard of Sarum.
      This was a grab bag, so need to worry about how early I am thinking about Halloween. It was what was in the bag.
      Mums is a bit early but you are correct. They will go fast. How long will it take them to be spent? I waited until after Mother's Day and missed some spring flowers I wanted. I am sure they are quite pretty when the bloom.

      Delete
    2. Sue,
      Never heard of Sarum.
      This was a grab bag, so need to worry about how early I am thinking about Halloween. It was what was in the bag.
      Mums is a bit early but you are correct. They will go fast. How long will it take them to be spent? I waited until after Mother's Day and missed some spring flowers I wanted. I am sure they are quite pretty when the bloom.

      Delete
    3. I didn't mean to criticize your Halloween efforts.
      I was just explaining how I thought "too early" and then turned right around and did some "too early" stuff myself! I was trying to call myself out for my own hypocritcal thoughts!

      Delete
  3. I have a pot of mums that just finished a bloom. I see new buds so I think I will give it a severe haircut and cross my fingers for a new bloom in November.

    I have also never heard of Sarum. I will look into that series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      These mums saved from last year bloomed and now have finished. So, I will do the same and see what happens. I have never heard of Sarum, but it is probably something we don't get/

      Delete
  4. I have several lofty tomes that must be read on a table.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...