Sunday, May 19, 2019

Pain, Death, Meth, Kitty--A Good Day

Amazingly, today I have been relatively free of pain and completely free of exhaustion. Plus, the uti symptoms have entirely abated. Low humidity has contributed to these changes. Well, antibiotics are responsible for no uti symptoms.

If I really push to accomplish things while I feel well, I will be in pain for three days. So, I set goals and then do half the items on the list. It works for me. This beats taking pain pills! I know what I want to accomplish and prioritize tasks as I go.

Saturday night, something strange happened. I started sweating profusely and soon felt like I was being boiled alive. Then, muscles in all parts of my body started moving. It was not a muscle twitch, something different. I fell asleep that way. What can those symptoms mean? This has never happened to me.

Saturday night, the meth addict came here. I was in the bed for the night and almost asleep. He knocked until I went to the door. I just pulled back the curtain a bit. I am quite sure he could see I was in my nightgown. But, he persisted. I must have said "NO" ten times. He cannot wear me down. I am immune! He wanted a ride to the Waffle House. I called the police! AGAIN. Next time, I will tell him "just a minute" and go into another room and call the police. There is a warrant out on him.

I suggested he get my neighbor, his friend. He tried there but the friend was not home. I can go off on him and stop these house calls, but he might get even or complain to a friend who will get even with me. I had a lot of nasty screaming inside of me that only fear contained.

Kitty must have a weekend home. She has not been here the last two days. Last weekend, she was absent, also. Tommy said he saw her here on Saturday morning, but I did not. I miss her. Do cats wear collars?

This time of the year, grass and weeds grow so fast it is hard to control them. My yard needs mowing about every three days. When I could still use the reel mower, I was more in control.

Several months ago, I awoke to find that one of my son's friends had lost his mother to a traffic accident half a mile from her home on her way to work.
+. A teen texting ran a red light and killed this woman. If I checked the obituaries, I would probably find more people I know who died.

Then, a guy that I see at least once a month at a dinner had been found dead one morning. This is such a shock.

Now, that is two people I know of who died. These were not old people since both were in their seventies and active and social, working even. I wonder how many people I knew have died even though I have not heard of their deaths yet.

I suppose this is a downer post. But, this weekend was anything but a downer. As a matter of fact, this was a good day.  And, we are going to see POM this week. I love Diane Keaton.

12 comments:

  1. OMG! Who is that meth addict? And where did he come from? He has some nerve to come knock on your door in the middle of the night. Please do be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor has a heart of gold. But, he helped a former friend who had since gotten hooked on meth. I accidentally met the guy and his bf when I was at my friend's house. The first thing he did was to tell me to give him the number to my wife! I would not! He came here several months ago wanting food. Now, he lives about 20 miles from here. I have no idea what he is doing in this neighborhood. Every time I think he is gone for good, he comes back to this neighborhood. I will be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart never to open the door! I hope the meth addict stays away from you. I am glad you didn't scream. Just call the police. He will find another person that will give him food, rides, money, a couch to sleep on, and put up with his antics. Their families have had enough and soon they lose one friend at a time, and finally just friends of friends or old neighbors. Everyone thinks they can help, but they can't. Unless they clean up their own lives no one can help. I do hope your health stays well and you can enjoy the Spring and Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so correct. He is getting desperate to contact me for anything. He was quick to glom onto me, telling me, not asking me for my internet id. And, he and his bf have little help from their families. When they asked neighbor to move in, they had the nerve to bring a dog when he told them not to do so. AND, both the guys and the dog piled up on his new beige sofa. yuck. I have plans for the rest of Spring and Summer. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Wait, all those strange symptoms you had on Saturday night? It sounds like you may have had too much niacin in your system. Does that sound possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I don't know. I will read and see if It could be so. What more do you know about this?

      Delete
    2. I don't know much, but too much niacin can feel like you are on fire.

      Delete
    3. Boiled alive or on fire. I was wetter than a fever would make me. I wonder if it was the Bactrim I am taking. ???

      Delete
  5. This post has the best title I have read in a long time.
    glad you did not open the door to the addict. Meth desperation drives some people to do crazy things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks...lol. I am afraid of meth addicts. From talking with him he appears normal. Of course, he is not showing any symptoms when I talk to him.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like quite a weekend. Glad you did not open the door. I am sorry for the loss of people you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      The weekend was definitely different with unique highs and lows. The people who died were not ill at all, so it makes me question mortality.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...