Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Doctor Visit, Market, Lunch, Dinner, Grocery Shopping

The appointment was at 10:30 and three blocks from my house. YAY! The only reason I took a morning appointment was he does not do afternoon appointments. The doctor wanted me to lie on the table so he could feel the area below breast and just below my waist. I cannot lie on the table without a pillow under my knees. I didn't want to ask for one, so I just raised my knees with feet flat on the table.

The back of my thigh started cramping and I started making noises. The cramp happened just as he barely touched my body. He was so confused, asking me if that light touch hurt. I could not speak, just make noises. When the cramp let up, I started laughing and told him it was a cramp on the back of my thigh. He said he got those too at night. I have a cramp in the back of my thigh about once every two or three weeks and only when I turn and reach to turn off the lamp.

I had lost two more pounds!

There was no free lunch today, good thing since I got out of the office at 12:30. Tommy was at my house, waiting for me. I did not have anything for lunch, so I got two Whoppers for the price of one.

When I finally got to the market at 1 pm, all the squash was gone. On Thursday, I will go early and get enough to make a squash casserole. Everything else for our meal with be no carb, so the squash casserole will not cause too much damage.

Tommy had gone to WM while I was at the doctor's office and had refreshed my stash of Ziploc plastic storage bags and freezer bags to the tune of nine boxes per my list.  Since neither of us can stand without hurting to wash dishes, we use these. He appreciates not having to wash my dishes to bring them back.

I usually let BK put mayo on my Whopper so the lettuce won't fall off. Today, no mayo. I brought it home and put Miracle Whip on it, and it was soooo delicious. I need to get the little MW packets to keep in the car. I put reduced chicken in a pan and sliced a potato, putting the slices and put all I could in the pan with chicken. The last two potatoes were wrapped in foil and baked in the same oven. Then, I took a half-hour nap.

He took home one breast and a baked potato, and the slices cooked with chicken. The breast was so huge he will get three or four meals from it. Somehow, one of the baked potatoes was left on the stove. While here, he had chicken, potatoes, and sliced tomato.

When he left, I put the chicken back in the oven so it would cook more and put more slices of potato in for me. It was ready when I came home from the grocery.

I went to Publix. My a2milk was $7 for two half-gallons. I purchased eggs, blueberries, bananas, two 16 oz. containers of Daisy Cottage Cheese--$2 each. Cream cheese was reduced.

Now, I am gagging at The Bachelorette.

6 comments:

  1. Love your last sentence! I watched "The 90 Day Fiancee" and was amazed at these people with so many problems taking on more, and not telling the whole truth when answering questions. I didn't gag, but now I think I should have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I have never watched the Bachelorette before, but it makes me angry. Taking on more problems is exactly what is bothering me. I will go kick Luke P off the show if she won't! I have never heard of your show.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of The Bachelorette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      One woman gets to choose from 50 men and narrow them down to the one she loves. I have never watched it until this year.

      Delete
  3. I would love to have your squash casserole recipe. I have very few ways to fix squash that I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      I would like to have it, too! I cannot find it. I will post what I do and if it was right just as soon as I make this one.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...