Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Lunch, Rain, CVS

Tuesday was the day of free lunch that we pick up. Lunch--ham, squash casserole, green beans, roll and cookies. I think they actually baked the hams! It was the best ham I have had in  years. The green beans were from the can, just heated up, the way I like them. There were no onions, extra pepper or anything. I was happy. The squash casserole was not made by the recipe I use. I picked out the squash and ate it.  It seems that stuffing mix was used. There was no cheese. I ate heartily. Dessert--two cookies.

Tommy did not come as I was concerned about him driving in 70% chance of rain. There were no torrents like I expected, just gentle but steady rain some of the time. Still, there was no other reason for him to come, so I suggested he not come. He agreed.

Kitty may be afraid I will step on her. I have walked out three times, and she has steered clear of my feet.

When I went out of the house, the humidity body-slammed me. The ac is having a hard time removing it from the house. I am quite sure I can wring humidity from things in the house...lol. Without ac, I would be in trouble.

After making a purchase at CVS, I got a $3 off coupon. Well, I went in the day it was expiring and bought a single jerky for Tommy and something else. If I had the receipt, I could give you a better idea of what I purchased. Anyway, I paid a bit over $1. At the register I got another coupon, this time for $2. Sooo, I shopped again right then.

At their cheap counter, I found potholders 2/$.50 and got 4 potholders. I forgot what else I got, but I paid less than $1.50 for merchandise worth about $7.

It would be more impressive if I had the receipts, but they are gone. This was three weeks ago. I doubt I will ever find the receipts. I am not Sluggy!

After lunch I needed to make two important phone calls, but I was nap-snatched. Dinner will be the second lunch I picked up.

How was your day? Rainy?

12 comments:

  1. Nap-snatched!! I never heard that term before, but it cracks me up and happens to me quite often. If I fall asleep in the recliner watching tv, whatever happens on whatever show comes on will work its way into my dreams, sometimes with nightmare results. I think I sometimes fall asleep right in the middle of changing channels, because often channels that I never watch will be on when I wake up from being "nap snatched".

    Squash casserole sounds delicious. I've never had it with stuffing in it before, but I like squash and I like stuffing, so it could be tasty, but I do like cheese more than stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      I am glad shows don't work their way into my dreams, since often watch murder shows, the kind they investigate and solve. I awoke with the remote in my hand yesterday. This stuffing was so mushy and liquid it would not stay on my fork. Not pleasant on my tongue. Maybe it was a lack of cheese that was the problem.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your day was pretty good. We got rain yesterday too. I am hoping that the summer is not too hot and dry. I like cloudy and not too hot weather. As for food, we are eating off of the leftovers from Father's Day. We still have veggie plate and chips. I bought more hamburger patties for the buns we have left, which I've put in the freezer so they won't get stale. Think I will have some of the veggie plate for breakfast. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love have leftovers. Veggie plate for breakfast sounds delicious. I hate cloudy days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the term nap snatched how funny. I will use that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Help yourself. I should have gotten a patent on that. RATS! lol

      Delete
  5. Good job on your CVS deals. And your lunch sounds yummy. Today it is actually not raining right now. In fact the sun is out but the humidity and temperatures are sky high. We are supposed to get storms later and 1-3 inches of rain overnight which will just add to the flooding concerns here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Thanks. Your weather sounds like mine right now. It won't flood where I am, but there are places it might.

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely using that term... today is the only day this week where it hasn't rained, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,
      Help yourself. Same here, but it is predicted for later.

      Delete
  7. Tut, we haven't had rain since February. The monsoon season starts in about 4 weeks. then we will have some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      I wish we had a rainy season and a dry season. It rains here all year long.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...