Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Kitty, Raccoon, Meth Addicts, Free Blueberries and Free Eggs

My friend is not very faithful to return my garbage can to the house because he is busy, forgets, and never drives this way. So, yesterday, I asked him if he would bring it back so I could take garbage from the house. I have unstinky stuff tied up in a bag inside. Some of it is in the freezer. He brought the can from the road to the house yesterday around 8:30 pm.

I will not carry trash out until he comes to take it to the road. He will come get it full of garbage at 10:30 tonight when he gets in from Birmingham.

At 7  pm this evening it was fully light. I heard a great commotion while I was on the phone with Tommy. It scared me. I ran to the window in time to see a raccoon looking around and pacing up and down. I reported the horrid noise source to Tommy and asked him to stay on the phone while I opened the door and looked around. I told him to call 911 if I were attacked as the raccoon might be rabid. The coon was nowhere in sight. Whew!

Since I changed all the trash to a can with a lid, the raccoon has figured out to knock the can over to get trash. I didn't use the bungee cords tonight because it is still empty. I suppose the raccoon comes here to check things out during daylight.

Kitty is nowhere to be seen. I don't blame her for leaving.

A  few days ago, someone told me the meth addicts who were here last year had had a visit from the cops because two of the four were on my friend's front porch smoking pot. Tonight, I asked my friend what he had thought of that. He was shocked as he knew nothing of it.

Tonight, he told me that he got rid of the addict who came back, asking for another chance while he got a job.  He let him stay, but the guy ate stuff and used his things without asking, so friend told the meth addict he had to go, that it was not working out. Good for him. He is learning.

Another neighbor gave me almost a gallon of blueberries from their bushes. There is a blueberry pie in my future. I love to eat frozen blueberries or to put them in a smoothie. I feel very lucky to have these.

I need to boil a free half-dozen brown eggs  and free potatoes. It sounds like I can have free potato salad. But, it won't have celery in it if I have to pay $3.99 for a head of celery!

Today, I have done little. Right now, I am annoyed that my Thursday night shows are not on. Today, I did a little laundry, washed a dish or two, and ate the rest of the other ham lunch. The lunch I ate yesterday had no cheese. The next one had cheese and was much better. Kitty was happy to get the bits of fat with meat attached.

I did bring in a box from the car with napkins, newspapers, all sorts of trash. Well, I have to go through it all and separate it into trash, recyclables, and items to save.  The free paper with ads in it and two other inserts for two grocery stores will be my reading tonight.

Do you have a free paper that is delivered that is all ads? These ads are from grocery stores, other establishments and paid ads for things individuals are selling.

Okay. I now know why my Thursday might favorites were not on Wednesday night!

8 comments:

  1. For a minute there I thought I was a day off! Had to look at the calendar. I do that too. Lucky with the blueberries, eggs and potatoes. I'm watching "Midsomer Murders" with my breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I was so frustrated...lol. I hav never heard of "Midsomer Murder," but I like murders.

      Delete
    2. Midsomer Murders is one of my all time favourites. Well worth looking out for.

      Delete
    3. Scriptor,
      Okay, I will watch for it.

      Delete
  2. You got your days mixed up I do that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I was okay all day. After dinner is where I went wrong! When I got on track, I was thrilled to know I still had Thursday night to see my shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there must have been something in the air on Wednesday, because both my DH and I thought it was Thursday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy mackerel what a title !
    Lucky you for having blueberries !

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...