Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Tuesday Ugh

I have felt s horrible for the last two weeks, feeling worse each day. Finally, I reached the end.

No edits in this post.

Tuesday, we went to recycling and turned in Coke cans. The price myust have gone down per pound because we only received $2. I supposed that paid for his gas. But, we bought red grapes for him at Aldi for $0.79/lb. He was one happy man. I hate red grapes and like all the rest. At the Farmer's Market, I bought squash and peaches.

Then we went to the church lunch where they have guitars they play. Then, I bought milk at Publix. I did not feel like carrying in two half-gallons, so I just got one half-gallon and something else.

THEN, we went to a food bank. I had him drive me to another to ask a friend for a telephone number. When I arrived the last person had left, so I got food there.

When we got home, I had to at least carry in the food that needed to go in refrigerator and freezer. Then, I got in bread and pastries. I asked a neighbpr wjp is moving to carry four plastic bags to the back porch. I still had to  bring them in!!!

I sat down and told Tommy that I could not fix dinner, I just could not. I was having trouble walking before and now I could barely talk. He insisted he take me to the doctor, so we left.

At the doctor's I sat as soon as I could and told them I could not come to window. They are very nice and signed me in. Two people had to come out for me. They brought a wheel chair. I could barely get into it. They did not insist on weighing me, thank goodness and brought everything in to do vitals.

The doctor was an ass even though he is usually very! nice. He sent me to ER I had the choice of going in ambulance or Tommy taking me. He said he would take me.

I told Tommy I had forgotten to give him the gallon of milk. I had managed to give him all I was going to give him.  I had a bagged salad for him, squash and cucumber to slice in it. He also put my peaches and squash and cucumbers in the refrigerator.
t
At ER they were expecting me. Two people came and got me and parked me in front of desk. The woman said I could make any mark if I could not write. I managed to scrawl my name.I heard her telling sometone over the phone that my speech was affected. I never went to triage. Well, just kept going to a room.

First, I was parked in the hall by a sign "Room 8 hallway."  I asked the woman why I was in the hall having tests done. She said there were no rooms yet and this would spped the whole process.

I had the nicest ER doctor ever. They did all the stuff over again and hooked me up to some sort of monitor. I could read it. OA was 94 until they laid me back and it went of the 97. Blook pressure was 132/63. Bood, I guess. Pulse from 79 to 87. I think that is good.

Then, I had to give them pee. She asked if I could use a bedpan. Not with injuries to my spine. Then, she offered to catharize me. I thought I could use commode. The nurse rolled me to commode and stayed right with me.

I told people who questioned me that I had been too hot for days. I gave them six vials of blood.

The doctor came in and said I had a uti. I was given a shot and prescription. I HAD NO SYMPTOMS!!!!

Earlier, I had called Tommy. He was sitting in his car in front of the house trying to cool off. It was that hot in my house. I told him to go home, that I would get home somehow.

When I got the shot, they would dismiss me in 15 minutes. So, earlier I had called my neighbor and told him to come in 30 min. He took me to get prescription.

I could not climb into the borrowed truck he was driving. I just slid down and the nurse had to grab me and right me. I kept tellinh him I needed a stool. Finally, he said he could pick me up. He put his hands between my legs one from front and other from back and lifted me by my crotch. It worked. I wonder if tht Is something they are taught. ???

I had friend come to catch me if I slumped down getting out. He had to hold me. A we passed my car I wondered why my interior lights were on and looked in. He told me that his truck lights were so high they were shining into my car. As I tried to straighten up an turn and walk, I started thrashing about because I was dizzy and knees were buckling. Friend grabbed me with both hands and I thrashed about a bit more. He said something about my break dancing. I held onto him the rest of the way to the door.

So, that was my very busy and hot ttuesday. This is very hard to type. So, I think I will take a nap. Tonight, it will be cooler and the energy saver thing won't be working. I won't wake up drenched in sweat, not able to breathe.

Today, h came and adjusted ac. got I  off energy saving mode, lowered the temp setting. he cleaned filter, washing it at sink without my asking. now that it wont be 85 in here and I have meds, maybe I will get better.

oh, I talked to tommy who told me he took the six chocolate cupcakes we discussed, saying he 'founf' eclairs and coc chip cookis and took them, too, STINKER!!!

I was not hiding them from him. I was just getting sicker mby the moment. I  whined a lot ehen he tol ne, but it is okay and I told him so. I told him to bring me back at least one éclair, and that it was okay he took all the chocolate. I just love chocolate eclairs and these were bakery ones. so were the cookies and cupcakes.

I came home with a hen, ground pork, sausages, and pack of brats.

some of this is out of order, but it happened...lol.  still feel like throwing up, have headache, off balance, muscle jerka--all things I told er doc. he said that uti in people over 45 can be really bad.

I am alive! For  four or five days, Tommy has offered to come get me and take me to doctor. I will be easier to convince next time.

14 comments:

  1. Please take care of yourself. It sounds like you are in a bad state at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you start getting better very soon! What a time you have had! I just can't imagine how you have coped with it! But you sound like you are fighting through it! Good for you. Now rest and get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      It was a bad time. I finally gave up. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad he dragged you in! You have some recovering to do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never knew a UTI could cause those horrible symptoms that you have had. I really hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know sometimes it's the people around us or who call us that know we need to go to the doctor and we either feel to bad to be up to going or don't realize how sick we really are. Now that you know what to watch for with the no symptom UTI it might be easier and once you start getting them they do seem to re-occur. So please be extra careful to watch out for that. Glad you got there okay and that friends were there to help you. Take care. P.S. UTI's make some people very confused and off balance. Just FYI. I have a friend who's mom walks like a drunk sailor when ever she gets one. That is her only symptom most times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The inability to walk was what convinced me. I was confused about lots of things.

      Delete
  6. Uti's in us older women can sneak up and make us very sick and bring on all sorts of crazy symptoms. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, \Intellectually, I knew that. I just was not able to process the idea of being so sick. Thanks, I will.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. Glad the ER figured out the problem and hope you are on the mend quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One,
    Thanks. I would never have guessed!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...