Thursday, June 27, 2019

Wednesday--Drying out the house and Thursday Still Sick

I found I had water in the basement. This was causing the upstairs to be too humid. Between the ac being set too high and the humidity, my energy was being sapped.

Wednesday,  guy1 brought a huge pump and removed a foot of water in less than an hour. Between that and the ac being reset, I am much more comfortable. I am not permanently damp. My hair can dry.

He set up my pump with the hose I bought and the new extension cord. When my friend guy2 came and fixed the ac, he said it was no longer pumping. So, I am not sure what is going on there. Guy2 brought him pump and removed the rest of the water Thursday.

I have an outdoor clock that has a thermometer and hygrometer. I put it near the kitchen and not near the ac. In the late morning, the temperature was 85 F, and the humidity was 53%. After 8 hours, the temperature was 75, humidity was 48%.  No water in the basement and better settings on the ac have made all the difference.

When the guy1 with the pump said he was coming, I snatched on the pants and blouse I wore on Tuesday and went out the door combing my hair. I sat in a lawn chair near entrance to basement. This house does not have a door from basement to house. The only door is an outside door. I like it that way.

Even though I was sitting in sun for a full hour at noon, I was still much more cool than in the house. I was amazed. Tommy was not. He could understand. The humidity just kills me.

Since the ac was adjusted, I have not been clammy for one moment!

Thursday, friend guy2 brought his pump to get the residue of water out, coming back often to check on it. Mine is new and does not work, ???

I still am unsteady on my feet.

It's now Thursday night. I have fest horrible still all day. I am now convinced I am not getting  better.

The humidity  and temp are even lower tonight.

But, tonight  I went to the free dinner. There were tacos. I did not have shell, beans, or rice. I had lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, tea. And, then I had seconds. I didn't finish the pie and ice cream.

I feel like I am not suffering from the heat, but I am the same or worse than before.













10 comments:

  1. Hi, darlin. I saw your comment that you left on Joyce's blog this morning and I came in to see yours. It's a habit I have. I like to find new blogs that way. Anywho, I've been reading your blog from three days back and that UTI sounded like a doozy. I a UTI that, would you believe, the infection traveled to my knee replacement and they had to take the old replacement out and treat the infection with IV antibiotics. That was a tough two months. UTI's are sneaky rascals you have to be careful. Get better ya hear? I'm a new fan of yours now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEANN, omg. I had no idea that could happen. so sorry it was si bad. Thanks

      Delete
  2. You need to go back to the doctor my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be so nosy, but how did so much water come into your basement? Did any sewer water contaminate it? Did the people who came and pumped out the water also sanitize where the water had been standing? I am wondering if mold or contamination could have caused your illness. I hope you start feeling better soon, maybe you should call your doctor and let him/her know you haven't started feeling better yet. The upcoming week will be a short week as far as doctors' offices being open, with July 4 being Thursday. I am sending good thoughts your way and hoping you will be better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water ran down basement steps. no sewage. I feel a tiny bit better. yes, I plan to go to doc. thanks.

      Delete
  4. sounds like walking pneumonia... please get checked out...followed from Out My Window to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I thought so, too. It turns out to be a uti. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...