Sunday, June 9, 2019

We All Swallow Lies When Our Hearts Are Hungry

Think about the statement that is the title of this post. True?

Make sure your children do not have hungry hearts so they will be better equipped to discern the lies. Of course, the same statement applies to everyone, even us adults.

Buying items that are reduced certainly allows me to indulge in my vices. The Ghirardelli chocolate chips that were originally over $4 for a 12 ounce bag and reduced to $1.50 certainly serve as a cheap snack, fulfilling my desire for chocolate. Snacks may cost less than a nickel.

Chocolate chips and peanut butter are good together, so I use about a Tbsp. or more of peanut butter and eight or ten chips. Once microwaved, the chips and pb are easily mixed and can be eaten leisurely with a spoon.

This way, I am not tempted to spend at least a dollar on a snack or to bake something. If I were more motivated, I could make my own peanut butter cups.

I was reading about the ketogenic diet. When I read "no fruit," I was out. I know berries are allowed, but I am still out. Anne is a saint!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering where you had gone to. But I'm with you. "No fruit" and I'm done. So I guess I'll stay fat then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Do you live in France? Did you send me a card? I can give up some things, but not fruit. Well, if i lay off some of the bread, i can lose weight.

      Delete
  2. keto diet is only the latest in a long line of diets
    stick to fruits and vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet … and I include some fruits in it.
    For example blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes mix natural peanut butter, coconut oil and cocoa powder. It is not real sweet, but compliments the sorta of bitter cocoa and I roll them in little balls and freeze them. It is a nice bite treat in the summer especially.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...