Sunday, July 28, 2019

I Heard a Voice on the Radio

It seemed familiar. But the radio was low. Between songs I listened more closely. Did you realize that Casey Kasem is on the radio? It was bizarre. Of course, there were lots of old songs, all the good ones. He introduced "new" artists that are well-established now. The whole experience of hearing him is somewhat bizarre, but the repeat of older broadcasts gives a very good perspective on the history of the music industry that his countdown covered. This was on 96.5 FM.


I didn't realize he was in movies, network tv, and radio dramas, in addition to voices for many cartoon characters.

Saturday night, there was a segment on 48 Hours  that mostly covered the fight between his children  and his new wife

I have found no bargains, but since I have not been in a store except for milk and have driven little, I am not surprised. I do plan to get more milk while I can get it for $7/gallon.

The urge to stop at yard sales was not strong enough even though I promised myself that I was going to stop at one yard sale each week.

Have you heard Casey Kasem on the radio lately? Did you enjoy his program in its heyday? I assumed everyone knew Casey Kasem is dead, but Anne pointed it out.


8 comments:

  1. Casey Kasem died several years ago so they must be airing an old show. I used to love listening to him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I though I said that, but I added it to post.

      Delete
  2. Where do you live that milk is $7 a gallon? Here, it is around $3.69. Or is it a special kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      I drink a2milk, special kind for my stomach..

      Delete
  3. Mr. Kasem ought to stay dead as he's soooo 80s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      All the music is great and some older stuff.

      Delete
  4. I have a loal AM station that plays reruns of his countown. The station plays 50s, 60s and 70s music.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...