Saturday, July 27, 2019

A Few Bargains | Christmas in July

Friday morning, there was only about a half cup of milk in my last half-gallon carton of milk!!! That was so annoying. I had seven half gallons in the refrigerator last time I counted. Friday night, I went out and got two half-gallons. They are usually $4.59 for a half-gallon. They were $7 for 2 half-gallons. Tuesday, this sale goes off, so I will buy four more cartons by then.

While I was perusing the sale rack at Publix, I found cultured buttermilk blend reduced to $2.98, original price--$5.99. This beats keeping buttermilk all the time, going out to buy it when needed, or doing without. The powder is easy to use and this has a use-by date of 2022.

Last weekend was Christmas-in-July on my favorite radio station. Christmas songs were played Friday through Sunday. It was a fun ride in the car when I went out. Did you have Christmas music on your radio?

That's all folks!

14 comments:

  1. I keep powdered buttermilk in the refrigerator and it last forever.
    My car radio stays tuned to PBS and if they played Christmas music it was not while I was driving. In the house I either listen to jazz or one of my Spotify playlists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    That is where mine is located right now. I say it is my favorite station, but now I am forgetting. 96.5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 96.5 has the Christmas music going continually from before Thanksgiving until Christmas Day so it was probably them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas everything! I don't understand people that complain. I know I can use all the Christmas music, movies and books I can get. Wish I had known about the Christmas music on the radio. Think I will go slip in a Christmas album right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Maybe the music was not Christmas everywhere. This station is in Birmingham, AL. I love Christmas, too.

      Delete
  5. We just have two small town stations, likely locals would revolt if they played Christmas music in July lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good deal on the buttermilk powder. It's so great to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Some grocery trips I only find one thing. This WAS a good find.

      Delete
  7. Sooner I'd eat rats at Tewkesbury than Christmas in July. Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow milk is $189 a gallon here and eggs are .88 cents, we are lucky to live where food is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Milk is $1.30. Remember? I have to drink special milk. Eggs are really cheap here.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...