Friday, August 30, 2019

Do-Nothing Friday

The title is misleading because I did stuff, just not out in the car, driving. Tommy found he had a screw in his tire on Thursday, just before we went to doctor. He got it aired up until this morning. So, he was gone early to have the tire repaired or replaced. Luckily, a repair was all it needed.

This morning, I thought he was dying. His disordered breathing from sleep apnea woke me. I sleep in his bedroom in one end of the house, and he sleeps in his recliner at the other end of the house. He was very loud, so I was up at ^am after going to sleep at 1 am. !!! Of course at 2 pm, he has been napping for a bit.


While he was gone, I did some guerilla cleaning. I had orders when I cam here to not be moving, fixing, or cleaning things. I emptied a bowl of ancient potpourri and still am suffering from all the dust was there. No more scent existed. Someone gave him a 60" tv about five years ago. I started ripping up the Styrofoam and stuffed it into the can he took to the road last night.

He said, about the potpourri, "Well, YOU COULD HAVE ASKED ME!" I told him I was afraid my dying bananas would ruin his good end table. He settled for that explanation. I brought them in from the car and got no further with the bananas. I also tried cleaning spots off the wall, too. It worked. So, I will do that when he is gone or something.

I have to dust! I will do it when he is not looking, one thing every day. I have noticed he is picking things up off tables, little by little.

I made phone calls while he was gone this morning. I did not dare clean too much.

I don't know if you remember, but months ago I bought chicken on sale and sent some home with him. So, it was still in his freezer, thankfully! I put three boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a can of cream of chicken soup along with baby carrots, handful snow peas, celery, zucchini, onion, dozen grape tomatoes, sliced red (bell-type) pepper, and other vegetables I cannot remember in the oven. He would probably prefer it without the soup! I forgot the mushrooms but stirred them in my portion. It made a delicious dinner. There was no salt or pepper and it was just fine without. I bought thee two zucchini and the onion, but the rest came from a food bank. This will make four dinners and chicken for me to eat for diabetes control. There were about 6 cups of vegetables.

Food mellows him...lol.

I cannot see to cook because of the lack of lighting. He does not change bulbs or replace light fixtures. grrrr I am going to try to retrieve a couple of lamps to bring here and he will probably have a conniption fit. First, I will try to find something to stand on to get out the fluorescent light over the sink to get another to replace it.

I did get out because I needed milk from Publix.

He was given a ramp for his front door. It is aluminum. I have never seen a metal ramp. Have you?

8 comments:

  1. metal ramps are common now days but they are also stolen a lot due to being metal... just a heads up there. Tommy sounds like my Mother, don't clean , don't do this etc. LOL About killed my brother with his allergies to dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respect his "do not clean" orders. It's his house, and he is doing you a huge favor. If it's uncomfortable for you, so be it. It's better than living on the street. Don't do things behind his back. Respect his wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing nothing about cleaning. Dusting the top of nightstand table a foot from my head does not seem like a crime. He never objects to some things, like cooking and bringing it to him in his chair. I am not rearranging furniture.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of a metal ramp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I had never heard of one or seen one. Here, I have seen many. I just hope it does not fall down.

      Delete
  4. You are blessed that Tommy is allowing you to stay there, but I think slowly cleaning or wiping things up is not a crime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim.
      Yes, I am. It is slow going on wiping up things. He has quit being so hostile about what I do. Thanks!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...