Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Even a homeless person can help someone.

One church gave me Maruchen (sp) Noodles flavored like beef. One night, I decided I would try at least a few bites and not eat the rest/ Well, when I saw I needed boiling water, I nixed that. There was a clear drink that was strawberry flavored. I tried it not realizing it had carbonation. Tommy wanted none of it. There were snack cakes I did not need but ate one.

I hate throwing out food, even if it is nasty food. When I came back to the motel this evening I saw a young man about 22 with shorts and flip flops on. I said, "Last Tuesday I became homeless when the city pushed down my house and a church gave me food I don't want. Will you take it?"

"YES MA'AM! I just became homeless two days ago. I will take anything."

He moved here from a depressed county to live with his sister and her husband to make a better living. He said, "This is a blessing!" And, he thanked me profusely. I felt really good about being able to help someone who needs help even though it was just a bit. He and his bil did not get along. When he got home from work, his bil told him to get out now. At least he has a job and sounds like he wants to do better.

There were POP TARTS that I love, a box of 12. I kept those but am going to give most of them to him. He was lean, so maybe he can work it off. Okay, there were Diet Mountain Dew that I kept for me. I am going to give them all to him. I am such a pig. But, I have come to my senses this time.

Well, the house is down and gone to the dump. I cried.

I took the last of the publix gift cad and added 22 cents and got a cooler. Tonight, I will fill the quart freezer bags I bought and make ice to keep stuff from spoiling.


Right now, I am eating some sort of pork dish that Publix cooked and was serving. She gave me extra pork and covered my plate quickly. There are green beans, corn, and red peppers (Bell type). When I get through with this plate, I am going to microwave Brussels sprouts. I have quite a little stash of food from two stores, but little from food bank.


Yesterday, at the food bank where I can choose, I chose coleslaw mix. I had Miracle Whip I bought with gift card. I took a sample of wine vinegar, pepper, salt, and mustard. They weren't samples. It is the area where you get condiments for your deli sandwiches. I need a bit of pickle but this will be okay. I can put some of the slaw mix and put it in a freezer bag, season it and squeeze to stir it.

I spent too much money eating hamburgers. Besides, I was ready for real food!

Everyday, I have to take my laptop to Office Max to charge it. Today, I broke down and got a generic cord. I actually need to use the laptop to try to make this all work.

With my strong encouragement, my remaining items have been wrapped well in police tape. Every time someone says, "Oh, I don't think anyone will take anything," I remind them of the same thing being told to me when they stole for five days!

7 comments:

  1. Bless you for paying kindness forward! Not the easiest when you're in a tough situation.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,
      Thank you. No, it was not easy to stand and not easy what I am enduring.

      Delete
  2. Proud of you... I've been homeless and have had a couple daughters homeless with their kids. One had 2 different rental condemned while she was living in them. She got her clothes and that was it. HARD HARD HARD especially on top of your health. PROUD OF YOU of helping others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get clothes. Junk furniture was brought out by someone else. Antiques were left. ??? I had no say! I have run odd road twice and hit a car. it was just a roll into him. but he could have called police

      Delete
    2. run off road

      Well, I sort of had a say

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to do something that made you feel good in light of what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...