Tuesday, August 20, 2019

New health problem and Free Lunch

I told gastroenterologist I must see him about three weeks ago. I described my symptoms--easily too full, bloated feeling and bloated looking, plus hiccups several times a day. The worst symptom was that I had horrendous belches/burps that did not work with trying to suppress force or volume. A guy would be proud of these disgusting and often explosions.

Well, I was told to pick up a biscuit and be at the hospital around 7:30 and to eat nothing or drink nothing after midnight.

The result: it seems my stomach should have emptied 100% in the hour and a half I lay on the table under some sort of xray plate. My stomach only emptied 38%. And, it can get worse. I have a new diet for this problem and a name--gastroparesis. My stomach will not empty correctly. You will have to look it up because for love nor money, I cannot post a link with this pad, and I suppose my three cordless mouses are buried.


First of all--no fiber. No fibrous meat like steak. soft white bread. no nuts or seeds. No more peelings like apple peeling I love. There are three pages of this and everything is as sad as this sampling.

I was telling this to a blog friend and saying maybe fiber that is pulverized to kingdom come would exit my stomach. I have to drink lots of liquid any.
I cried over this for about a week until I had my house to cry about.

I am so proud. She sent an Original Magic Bullet to Tommy's house.

I cannot wait to try it.


Today was the free lunch we pick up.

\We go a large portion of spaghetti and a large salad. I had to go to food bank, so I ate as we drove. I started having problems swallowing, feeling like the food was just stacking up. He kept having to pull over so I could regurgitate. This food had never been in my stomach. I quit eating and tried it again. Same thing. He ate lunch while he was waiting for me.

We came back to the motel and I grabbed a glazed donut and told him I was just going to lie down and choke to death. I HAD NO PROBLEMS! Sooo, I can eat donuts without dying.

So, I immediately called the doctor's office and got an appointment for next week.

Supposedly, people with gastroparesis can become painfully thin and even have to have a feeding tube. Maybe I can just lose this behind that keep following me.

Do you have a Magic Bullet or something like it?


I am going to wash it and put one of my salads in it to puree it and I can have fiber.

Tonight is my last here. I wish I could stay even though there are roaches!







11 comments:

  1. medications, such as opioid pain relievers, some antidepressants, and high blood pressure and allergy medications, can lead to slow gastric emptying -- so maybe it's a combination? I know that it can be a complication of diabetes. And emotional upset can't make it better.

    Hoping this resolves itself, or lessens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meetsy. I had one opioid, don't tahe antidepressants, not taking allergy meds. This is diabetes related and only gets worse, doc said. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. The bullet was a wonderful idea! What a shame you have this to deal with. i hope that with some experience you can figure out which favourite foods you can eat, how often and how much. Life can be dismal when food s so restricted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      It was a wonderful idea. The choking is horrible, too. And, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what chokes me.mAYBE I WILL LOSE WEIGHT. getting the right nutrition is important, I hear.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry for all you have to go through. I know you have a free spirit but now, you do need good care and a safe roof over your head as we approach cold seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know someone who has gastroparesis, too. She can only eat very small meals and has to avoid a lot of foods. But the stuff she can eat, that doesn't bother her, is weird stuff...like a taco, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Yes, that is weird, just like not being able to eat spaghetti but able to eat donut. I only had one and there are no more here, so I won't be going on donut diet. Did she lose weight?

      Delete
    2. she lost maybe a little, but not really. She's had it quite a few years now. It took her dr's awhile to figure out what was wrong with her

      Delete
    3. I described so many of the symptoms that I think he knew. Now, I have an appointment next Thursday to see if food goes into my stomach in a timely manner

      Delete
  5. several friends that are diabetic have this. They use blenders and magic bullet. I Have it, 4 days to digest anything.. had a camera scope that they thought I would have to have surgery to remove. I eat very little amount OFTEN, my one friend eats 1/2 cup at a time 8 times a day. She is has to be gluten free, lactose free, fiber free.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...