Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Free Lunch, Free Dinner, and NO Cooking Today

Today was the free lunch at the pretty church--also the one where there are no disposable items on table. Today, there were identical fruit jars sprayed purple with yarn wrapped and tied around the top and the bottom third of the jar with gold glitter. In each jar were sprigs of sprays of bright gold and dark purple flowers. I suppose they have an occasions closet where items are there and ready to set on a table.

Lunch--croissant with ham and cheese, lettuce and tomato on the side to add, fruit salad (watermelon, red grapes, and cantaloupe), apple cobbler with ice cream on top. I only ate the watermelon  and gave the cantaloupe and red grapes to Tommy. He had his apple cobbler without ice cream.

There was just enough time to get to a doctor's appointment for me. He waited in the car.

Then, we zipped down to a buffet dinner that we got when we listened to a sales talk. It was very interesting. The food was delicious until I choked.

Food will not go into my stomach. It feels like it just gets stopped up. I drank water and was spewing food and water. A guy decided to give me the Heimlich maneuver with me saying, "No! Stop!" Then he congratulated himself aloud on saving my life. No, he just hurt me. He actually grabbed me above and on my breasts and was squeezing. Idiot! His hands should have  been on above my navel, UNDER my breasts.

On the huge buffet line I got delicious food and then had trouble eating and enjoying it or going back for more--very juicy roast beef, a piece about the size of an egg; fried chicken breast; one slice of zucchini, round and about 1/4 inch thick; small spoon of baby lima beans; baked potato; three baby carrots; yeast roll; butter.

I choked on the roast beef and roll. I just had to have beef, just a bit. I only ate about 1/4 cup of the baked potato, tsp butter and yeast roll, and all the rest of what I got. I was going back to get a salad, but felt too weak to go back. plus, my stomach hurt. My meal was totally ruined by the "hero."

Tommy got a plate full of meat and vegetables. The only thing I remember is that he got a huge bowl of soft-serve, chocolate ice cream and he let me have a bite.

So, no cooking today! Yay for me.

What would you do when a guy man-handled you in the guise of saving you? He copped a feel and I felt/feel violated.


11 comments:

  1. 2 meals a day with no cooking is a win.
    If you were showing signs of distress, I would think he was truly only trying to help, even if it was misguided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disturbing. I hope to think he was just trying to help. But if you could speak, he should have listened to you. I do hope you get your esophagus checked, my father in law and my DH have had to get theirs "stretched". The choking danger is very real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      I had the stretching done about 6 weeks ago. I saw that doctor last week. It scares me when it happens.

      Delete
  3. I have that eating thing where it is sometimes hard, if not impossible, to swallow. It forget the name, but it is "something's ring". Not very uncommon. I know which foods can be a problem, so I don't eat them, and if I do, chewed very well and very small portions. Very painful. Not much you can do when someone is trying to save your life. Sounds like it was the first time he had ever done it, grabbing you in the wrong place and all. He should work on his technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      This happens to me all the time! I hate it. I tried to tell him not to do it where he was holding me. He strutted about.

      Delete
  4. You MUST have this checked I am sure you have a Schotsky ring problem and you will need to have surgery. This will not go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I am going to a gastroenterologist! I am calling him today as it seems nothing he does is helping. I don't want surgery, but this cannot continue.

      Delete
    2. That's it! Schotsky's Ring! Thank you. Surgery doesn't always work on this. My sister had it done and it came back.

      Delete
    3. I called his office today and asked for him to call me back, not his receptionist as usual. I have heard nothing.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...