Thursday, August 15, 2019

Homeless

This is hard. I have been homeless for 24 hours. So much of my past is gone--my toybox Daddy made me that holds my childhood, pictures, My son's little coat and cap, toys, furniture. I feel gutted. My daughter's silver baby cup. A jewelry box holding memories. Gone. My silver. The house is rubble. And, someone came and stole lawn furniture. That makes me sad. I imagine the lawn mower and other things will disappear by morning. I don't know how to handle all this. No, I don't need advice because I know the sources of help, but I don't fit the categories. Well, I need a house rebuilt on the lot that I own. I cannot sleep even with melatonin and valium. Consequently, I face hard days and near wrecks. Plus, I have been diagnosed with another condition, even worse to me than a heart attack would be. Later.

12 comments:

  1. Is there any chance of getting some of your most precious things?
    I'm sorry you are now a victim of looting. Salt in the wound, for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I have two things I am going to offer money to get back. I will get to see my things dumped like trash.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry all of this has happened to you, and now thievery of items that were there, too. I don't even know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,
    I guess looting of my outdoor things was what kylie was referring to also. I will file a police report. I am speechless at times, too. this is soooo hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the chances of getting a house rebuilt? Or would you be better off selling the property and renting for a while. Just thinking out loud here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be offended, but with your health issues and the housing situation, now may be the time to quit trying to do it all yourself and move into assisted living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      Unacceptable. that just rubs salt in the wound!

      Delete
  6. That is so much with which to deal! I won't offer advice or prayers because you don't want them. But you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so much to deal with … you are in my thoughts.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...