Wednesday, August 14, 2019

! might as well get it over with!

There will be no correctins on this post. maybe no caps. you  will see why.

My house has had the roof collapsed down into the house for about five years. The roof was below ground level in the three foot crawl space.

Monday about 6 pm or so, I heard a rumble. I went out the side door to the front yard and found that the whole front of the house had fallen off. Yes it did.

Tueday, Tommy was here and we had just come from Sportsman Lake. the police called me and asked

...are you okay
The polie and the fire department are at you house.
where are you
they cannot get you on the phone
they have been calling you
when are you coming back
where are you
your car is in the driveway
where are you

I was six or less blocks and we went home just like we were going to do.

There is a I live on the corner and we drove up the side of the retaining wall and turned in front of my house.

Tommy yelled DAMN!

There was big fire truck, fire chiefs car, eMt ambuance, there were people from water, electric comp, gas company, altogether 2 doz men. Cars and city officials continued t come. The chief of police wwas there, along with fire chief,

They assured me they were going to take down the house, and no, I could not get anything out or go inside.

Tommy let me go home with him and spend the night.
Back up, at lunch some one from the city took our ordr for food, and brought some sort of cirle fried things. Tommy ate them. This was from Arby and he thought they were potatoes.

It took forever to get to his house because I was exhausted. He always sleeps in his recliner because of his hip. I slept in his bed.

Let me tell you, he is not neatest person! But it looked like a castle.

We got back here about 9; 30 and saw no onc until 11:30 when the guy brought us lunch.--big mac, drinks, and an order of fries to share. I ate two fries and don't think Tommy finished them off.  They called and asked us what we wanted.

Then, the one piece of machinery moved in, on tracks and brought  by a special vehicle/

Because I was so upset about using laptop, my baby pictures and everything, they did let me go in. I will have to tell you about that later.

My stuff is on two open trucks, locked up, I hear. In the morning it will go to a storage unit I had to rent.

They went outside the kitchen and cut a hole about 7 feet wide and 8 feet tall. I was resigned to all this by now. They physically stopped me from going toward the bathroom to show them what I needed. They would not let me find my pictures!

Finally, I did though. The trusty from the jail were good about getting things the men in charge said, NO to.

They told me I could not get washer, dryer, stove, or refrigerator. The refrigerator  was left behind. But, they put everything out the hole in the kitchen. The floor of my kitchen is about 6 feet or more off the ground.

I am in a fleabag motel. and had to argue with a guyfrom India. It is hard to argue when I cannot understand him. I told tommy where to park and he came out an d told him another place to park He cam and showed me where emy room was like I could not see the letters even after I was pulling in. THEN, he was motioning with his hands as to how I need to park. I got out of the car and yelled at him--I am doig just fine and do NOT need your help! He went away.

I am shaing, trembling all over I was sweating so I had to lie down before I took a shower. If I shower while I am still sweating, I continue to sweat after I get out of the shower. I don t knw what I hit to make this code stuff show up! I lost everything in cabinets, all dishes, all recipes, and they were leaving behind things I need! I wore these clothes a bit on Monday and decided to wear them Tuesday. I had to put them on today, Wednesday. I lost my vitrola, and antique chairs. I am homeless and so sad. Gotta go and close the curtins since it is getting dark. NO, do not say you are praying for me. Today there were about 16 vehicls at my house. Okay, starting to cry. NO, DO NOT SEND SUGGESTIONS ON WHO TO CALL FOR HELP. I HAVE GOT IT AND NOTHING SEEMS LIKE IT WILL WORK FOR ME. nO PRAYERS! there IS ACTUALLY wifi here!

41 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your predicament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Glad you were not hurt. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry this has happened. I'm glad you and Tommy were not inside the house at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are OK and weren't in the house, how stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine what it's like to lose so much of a life.
    I'm so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly sorry that this happened. Cannot think of anything to say to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I'm sorry this happened to you. Glad you weren't home when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      Thnks. I cannot reiterate often enough, I was in no danger.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry. Hopefully your homeowner's insurance will help get you situated. It's good no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have insurance. House was not in great shape.

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh! did you have faulty renovations done to get it in that condition? hopefully your kids can take you in/set you up while you wait to rebulid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry, you are strong and you have tommy, it will be hard to lose so much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I am getting less strong everyday. I don't have Tommy!

      Delete
  13. Wow, I know you have said repeatedly you were in no danger but still, that had to be scary. So sorry for all this mess. Hang in there, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so the saying goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st man,
      That is a platitude someone started to excuse himself or herself from getting involved.

      but, this might be the death of me!

      Delete
  14. I am so sorry you are going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This would be gut wrenching, Take care of yourself and I hope things improve for you soon.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This must be horrifying to go through? What can we be doing to help?

    ReplyDelete
  17. PP, i am so sad for you. i have read your blog for a long time, and admire you for sharing your life on your blog. it is terrible for you to lose your possessions, there are no words, i am just so thankful you were not hurt physically by this catastrophe. please take good care of you, and overcome, i know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry to read this.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...