Sunday, September 1, 2019

Apple Muffins and Fruit Jars

on Saturday night, I decided to use up an Apple cinnamon muffin mix and two large Granny Smith Apples. The muffin mix had apple chips. Tommy has never owned a muffin tin. I cored, peeled, and chopped the apples and mixed the mix with milk. Foil over the pan, I tried to mix the apples with the apples, but the bowl was way too small. I put the extra apples in the middle of the cookie sheet and dumped the muffin and apple mixture onto the extra apples and baked it at 350 degrees. Tommy proclaimed it delicious. We ate the rest on Sunday night. It was not muffins, but good nevertheless--a hit with Tommy.

This morning, I forgot to use Victoza, and was seeing double when I got out at the church. I was miserable the whole time and could barely walk. Once home. I could not find the new vial and went to bed. Tommy searched the refrigerator and so did I. I moved everything in the refrigerator. The second time looking, I actually picked up the half gallon of milk and there is was. !!! It will take me two days to feel well again, but I feel some better now.

Tommy had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and I just went to bed. We had the last of the chicken and the last of the Brussels sprouts for dinner. It looks like I have to put out something to thaw tonight--chicken. What else would I cook?

If I can find the potatoes, I will make some iteration of potatoes and open a can of green beans to go with the baked chicken tomorrow night. Okay, Tommy found the potatoes for me.

The weather is so beautiful that it is hard to believe that even though a hurricane is heading this way, the weather is supposed to stay dry and nice.

Tomorrow, I need to go shopping and return a few things.

The first time I looked into Tommy's refrigerator was as soon as I got here and started putting milk and things in his refrigerator. Imagine my surprise when I found about a dozen pint Ball canning jars in his refrigerator. All were dirty, maybe rinsed out. I give him food in pint jars. Obviously, he has not been returning them. So, at least I now have jars to store leftovers here. So many dozens went to the dump when my house was razed!


There is nothing happening, and that is good. Of course, it all starts again on Tuesday.




8 comments:

  1. You stated that a Hurricane is headed your way? Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      It was headed this direction. But, several days ago, the prediction changed. As of this time, we will not even get rain. I live in N AL.

      Delete
  2. May this tuesday and the rest of the days be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet is so good sometimes. I am glad you are getting a small break from your recent hardships. You seem to be making the best of a bad situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchelle82,
      Quiet has been a good thing right now. Tommy has quit being so irritable.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are safe and able to get some security.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...