Saturday, September 14, 2019

Game Night

I love to play games o all kinds. Tommy told me he did when I met him. I was thrilled, but he only played the one time and sorely disappointed me after that. So, the prospect of going to a Game Night thrilled me. We did go.

When I asked him would there be snacks or should we bring our own. He said some people bring things. Not wanting to cook but wanting to participate, I bought a 12 oz. can of Planter's Homey Roasted Peanuts.. They were bogo at Publix, so the can cost $1.44. People brought food! I told a few that Tommy said "snacks."

Someone made homemade ice cream, so that was a thrill for me.

We played Bingo. It was fun, but neither of us won. A group gathered for A game of Dominoes, but I did not see it forming.. I find a seat and plant myself in it, so I do not appear to be as sociable as I am.

Tommy and I ended up playing a card game with a bunch of kids--"Dutch Blitz." Neither of us liked it. So, they started a game called Bananas or something like that. The tiles with letters were in a banana. both of us enjoyed that much better. They left, so we wandered back to the Dominoes. Finally, I asked how many could play and someone asked us if we wanted to play. I won the first game I ever played of the game :Mexican Dominoes."

I wondered if Dutch and Mexican were intended as slurs. ???

I didn't get enough sleep Friday night, so I went back to bed this morning about 9 am and slept to 2 pm., bathed, washed my hair and was ready to go by 4 pm. Sitting from 4:30 to 9:30 really made my back hurt. Two or three other women have as much trouble walking as I do.

For lunch, I heated the carcass of the rotisserie chicken and served it to Tommy. He laughed when I told him he was having the carcass. There was a leg and thigh left and little pieces of chicken here and there. I forgot what else we had. Oh, I pulled the last bit of the breast off the carcass.

My metal chicken I managed to rescue it before the thieves got it is now sitting on Tommy's porch. I put it in a bare place with weeds. But. that was where his neighbor killed all the grass in order to make mowing easier. Since the guy will never mow if the chicken is there, I decided to put the chicken on the porch. It needs flowers. But, I am not sure what kind. I have to think about what to put in it for Christmas. Tommy told me I could not put it in his yard, but after it stayed in his car for several weeks, I guess he did not mind. He laughed at it when he saw it.

This has been the best day so far since I lost the house.


14 comments:

  1. I am hoping that time will ease you grief. This is a horrible thing that has happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      The losses keep coming to mind. I remember every day something else I no longer have. It will take a long time. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. When our home burnt I grieved daily. Still sometimes after almost 20 yrs will remember something especially my kitchen items and tear up.

      Delete
    3. Chef,
      My house burned when I was four. My mother lost so many things from her mother. Fire has been my biggest fear since then. Somehow, this was worst. Everyday, I think of little treasures I lost. Sorry for your loss.

      Delete
  2. glad you had a nice day. hope there are many more to come. take care.
    Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      I will be okay as long as I am not being bombarded by stupid comments from people who don't know me. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I was delighted to drop by and find this happy sounding entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I was happy just looking forward to the event. Still happy.

      Delete
  4. Game nights with friends and/or family are such a great release and such a way to generate positive energy. Silly evenings like that are among my favorite pastimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. RWP and I used to play Mexican Train Dominoes frequently, with a neighbor couple and also with various grandchildren. Then all of a sudden it just stopped. Like the earth turned a corner and went off in a different direction. When we were first married we would play Monopoly occasionally but Mrs. RWP is ruthless (translation: she always won) so I eventually refused to play any more. Nowadays we play Phase 10 every once in a long while.

    Don't we sound like a fun couple?

    I don't think Dutch and Mexican were intended as slurs, but what do I know? Just "different than the way we've played it before"...like Chinese checkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rwp,
      yes, you do sound like a fun couple. I Like Backgammon but no one will play with me because I always win. The reason I win is because I have to teach everyone who plays with me. I have played Phase 10, but I don't remember where or when.

      That makes sense about the name and makes me feel better.

      I need to find more places to play games.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad to read that you had a fun evening playing games and enjoying some homemade ice cream, too. I hope there will be more such evenings to come.

    I think you are being incredibly strong and brave, under the circumstances. I know you said in one of your earlier posts not to offer prayers and thoughts, but, I do wish you well and hope everything will work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless,
    I am trying to stir up some fun! Thoughts are okay. I have had to be brave all my life. I am tired of it.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...