Saturday, September 21, 2019

HoMEDICS SOUND SPA

Now, let's see if I can sleep with this. Tommy paid for this. It has all sorts of sounds, none of which I will ever use--brook, thunder, rain, ocean, night, and white noise. Night had crickets or something chirping. I would hate that!

The sound machine I had for 35 years is gone, and I hate that. If the one I have does not work out, I will order it from Amazon. I would have done that today, but I did not think I could last another might.

Dinner was easy since it only needed to go into the microwave from last night--baked chicken thigh, zucchini and peppers, sweet potato. I ate none of that but will have zucchini in a bit. He ate at 8 pm and I will eat at 10 pm. To tell the truth, I had candy--Raisinettes. They have fruit in them!

I am going to try to pay someone to bring my picnic table here. Tommy has a nice tree in the back yard. I mentioned my picnic table would look good back there. He said nothing. I would rather leave it here forever than have it stolen! I would rather have it cut up and burned than to reward a thief.

This afternoon since I did not have to cook, I washed out one side of his sink. He grunted. I gather there will be no objections to any sink and dish cleaning. `

There were two 90 oz. jugs of Sunlight dishwashing liquid sitting in the corner of the counter. I asked him why it was there. He did not know. So, tonight, I put them under the sink which had two things there. sigh.

I told him I was going to sprinkle borax for roaches, that it would not kill him or smell, just to stay out of it. He said, "Okay." I cannot live with roaches or at least must attempt to get rid of them. I keep the dishcloth and dishtowel in the refrigerator. Everything I use is kept in the oven.

He is not complaining, so I suppose I am not cleaning too much. I probably spend ten minutes total each day on cleaning--practically nothing. The table and stuff around his chair has not been touched and I have made no comment about it. I did notice he cleaned up stuff on his own. I suppose shedding the light on it made him see it through another's eyes.

His cable package does not get the channels where cowboy movies are. I am sorely disappointed. But, the many (hundreds) channels he does get are better than with my antenna. I did manage to save my antenna where it was just tossed aside.

Weather will still be in the 90F, but humidity was 38%...nice. We might have 20% chance of rain the end of the week.

Do you need white noise, fan, or such to sleep? How is your weather?

6 comments:

  1. I don't need white noise to sleep, but we do run the ceiling fan. I don't think I need it, but I like it as it makes the room cooler. Our weather has broken from the 90s and is just getting into the high 80s this week. Yesterday morning it was 57 degrees when I took Abby for her walk.
    Winter will be here soon enough. Too soon for me. I like the months of April and October best. I'm more of a temperate zone person, I suppose. Cleanliness is next to you know what according to Poor Richard's Almanac (Benjamin Franklin). Good on you for making headway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      April and October are nice. I am with you on winter being here too soon. I am trying for cleanliness. I hate roaches.

      Delete
  2. I have to have a fan on overhead to sleep. I like the wihte noise it provides and the movement of the air. Our weather is in the high 80's with low humidity. Sure beats the high heat and high humidity we have ben having this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I had a fan in my bedroom but it provided no white noise. It did feel great. You must live in the South. The heat and high humidity were suffocating. Better than cold in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a cellphone? Mine as a app with literally hundreds of white noise types on it.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...