Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday Vertigo | Vitamin D

It's Sunday, but I barely had a Saturday. After I got up about noon, I staggered around and lay on the loveseat. Than, I went back to bed and may have slept, but mostly not. I am going back to doctor on Monday.

Lunch was chicken sandwich for Tommy and banana, pb, and Miracle Whip for me. Dinner was chicken and broccoli. Tommy did not complain.

The people across the street and two doors down have a magnificent Halloween display, all huge blow-up things--witches, dragons, pumpkins and other great stuff. I was thrilled until night when it lit up and moved and I was more than thrilled.

The vertigo is abating, but even a bit of vertigo can be disastrous. I am not going to church tomorrow. Too risky. Besides, I have not been up to washing my hair.

Today, the high was 98F, and it rained in the evening. I wanted my mum to get rain, so I took it out of the chicken and put it on the ramp. Before I moved it, I bought it in to deadhead it. There is not one place to sit outside his house, not even front steps because the ramp goes over the steps! I knew I would topple over if I tried bending to do it. I brought it in and asked Tommy if he had something like a sheet I could deadhead onto so as not to get it all over the floor and sofa. Well, he brought me something that was about 15x 20 inches. I told him I needed a sheet, that what he brought was not large enough. He huffed around and said he did not have anything else that he did not mind being ruined. I explained I was only pulling all the flowers off and could shake the sheet outside.

I wonder what he thought I was doing every day when I told him I deadheaded the mum before I watered it. Now, it is green. Maybe tomorrow it will be more yellow than it has been. It has never reached its true potential.

So, nothing happened and no shopping.

One thing--I looked over test results from several weeks ago and found out I am severely deficient in Vitamin D. It can cause bone aches, fatigue, and other things I complain about. I am not sure what kind of vitamin to take, so I will call the endocrinologist on Monday. Does anyone have any experience with this? I get sun and eat foods loaded with Vitamin D, so I don't know yet why this is happening!

5 comments:

  1. Jean,
    I wonder what is advised for a person who gets sun and lives in the South. My vertigo is from a bad sinus/ear infection. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most folks don't get enough sun to get enough D. Take a supplement if you can.
    Lucky you to live across the street from a halloween display !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I suppose I will be hitting the cod liver oil! I figured out it lies flat all day except for that first day. Then, they turn it on and it pumps itself up and lights up and starts moving...clever.

      Delete
  3. you have to have the sun light ON you for at least 30 min every day. With the way the sunlight hurts you I wouldn't advise that. I take Vitafusion Vit D 3. They are a gummy as my body does not absorb it in pill form. I take 4000 IU during the summer and 8000 IU during the winter. I have sundown syndrome and SAD .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always bottom out on Vitamin D. I buy D3 as my doctor told me that is the best but when I get too low have to get a prescription once a week pill from the pharmacy for a few months. I grew up in Oregon in the Willamette Valley and a lot of people from that area have trouble holding on to enough Vit. D in their system. Guess it was all the rain and over cast all the time. So when I get really tired I know to have them check my Vit. D and my Iron level to see if I'm anemic. P.S. if you are worried about it being low talk to your doctor. I used to work at a doctors office years ago and sometimes the nurses would just glance at the labs and send them to be filed or if electronic they just go to the patients chart info and we had ones that were over looked at times and the patients just figured if no one called them they were okay. It pays to be checking for your self as it sounds like you already do and following up with someone if you have questions or concerns. I always say - No one cares as much about our health as you do. And face it the doctors only see us for a few minutes here and there and then forget about us until the next time or they are reminded. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...