Thursday, October 10, 2019

Shopping and Cooking

Wednesday, I slept not a wink. I got up when Tommy awoke at 6:15 and watched TV with him until 8:30 and went to bed until 12:30. I still cannot walk safely...lol. We went out to Belk's and Walgreen's I took back a pair of pants that did not fit and bought a sweater--long black duster, but not very heavy. The black and white buttons are ugly, so I will change those. I looked at many items. Coats were too heavy and too short and sporty.

I cannot bear looking at gloves and scarves. My best scarves were from yard sales. My gloves were bought on deep sales, really cheap. Walmart gloves do not fit. They hurt in between my fingers. All my umbrellas went to the dump, too!

We passed Nature's Own bread outlet. I bought bread for $0.99 instead of the $4.05 I spent for the same loaf at Publix. I need a small freezer. If you spend $7, you get a free loaf. There is not enough room in his refrigerator freezer. There never was in mine, either. Before my big freezer broke, I only bought bread/buns about every six weeks. I only want a 3 cu. ft. upright. I will check Craigslist first.

Then, we went to Walgreen's where I used Tommy's cc and my coupon for $1.50 off three boxes of cereal that were $1.99, making his Cheerios $1.49 for each 10.8 ounce box. I need to check this price to see if it is a good bargain. I bought a box of parchment paper, a 25 sq. roll for $1. I am not sure that is a bargain, but it works for me. Having to buy everything all over is stressful, expensive and impossible.

We had every intention of going to Lowe's and another store, but I was busy getting a bit of sleep. We both agreed we wanted to be back by 3 pm to avoid traffic. The Galleria where Belk's is located and the roads leading to it were not busy at all.

For the drive I brought little bottles of Minute Maid orange juice in case Tommy needed it as he sat in the parking lot. You cannot leave him along with oj because he is sure to consume either...lol. I had him go get us a cheap hamburger to keep his blood sugar up. I did not have Atkins bars, so even though this cost, it is better than scaring me out of my wits.

I am off the make the taco casserole in the crock pot. I will cook the meat first and save part of it to put in spaghetti that I am craving. Tommy gets to grate cheese.

It is so wonderful having a light over the sink in the kitchen. Imagine only having a dim light over the stove to cook. Tommy said it was nice, too. The ugly round fluorescent bulb is either blown or the ballast or starter is not working. That is my next project. No, getting an LED bulb and a shade for my lamp I put in the living room is next. That is what I was going to Lowe's to purchase. Tomorrow.

When I was making the taco casserole/soup, I discovered the rice was rancid, so no rice in the dish. I could not find the grater which was six inches from the crockpot, so I sliced it thinly and put it on top of our servings. When we both finished, I realized I forgot to put the taco seasoning in the dish. Tommy said it was good and he preferred it that way.

Tomorrow, I will have to call the doctor since I seem to be getting worse by the minute. sigh...

Does anyone own or has ever owned a tiny upright freezer? I wonder if they freeze as well as a larger one. I cannot lift things out of a chest freezer.

High today was 82F with beautiful clouds in a blue, sunny sky.

2 comments:

  1. I have had vertigo and the doc gave me a handout with directions for head exercises. Somehow there are grains of something in the inner ear that get displaced and cause vertigo. By doing these exercises the grains get shaken back where they belong and presto no more vertigo. I'm not explaining it very well but it is the current thinking for the treatment of vertigo. Once the vertigo is eliminated you don't have to keep doing the exercises. Perhaps you are already doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      I will look into this. I know for sure this is congestion, but shaking things around cannot hurt. I never heard of this, but maybe there is something on the internet. Thanks, i am going to look into this.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...