Saturday, December 7, 2019

Christmas Party Games and More

This is the game we played at the church lunch.
https://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff.com/christmas-song-picture-game.html

Check this site out for lots of game if you need an activity.

Today~~~~

After I answered the two comments implying this might be my approach to getting Tommy to do things, I became angry enough to speak to him. I said, "So, you are not going to fix the tree so I don't have to get over there and make my hands itch." He had his eyes closed. He raised up and said, "That is the best I can do. I don't see anything wrong with it."

"Well, if you look at it from this angle, not straight on, you can see that the back branches all point up and are close to the tree, and these (next to them) are straight up with some hanging straight down. And, there is a gap where you pushed a bunch down with your arm."

Him "I don't understand what you mean." All this was said in whiny voice or strident tone.

"I cannot believe that you are an engineer and cannot see what is wrong." He had already gotten from the chair, but did not say another word, just worked on it.

Finally!

I made a pumpkin pie last night. Like Kim, I eat pie continually. Both were gone before bedtime. The recipe did not taste like I usually make, so I can tweak it one day this week with another two pies made next week. The crust was burned to a crisp in ten minutes. So, an oven thermometer is needed to see what is wrong. Tommy was so upset that the oven did not work right. I suppose he thought this called for a new stove...lol.

Finally, he has consented to shopping trip since I have not had milk in two days and have complained at least a day. I think we are going because he just ran out of milk this morning. He was too eager when I told him to move his car so I could search for Publix.

6 comments:

  1. Since it is his house and you are a guest, he can do as he wishes. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience with pumpkin pie is even the best are not much different from the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ. I can barely ag some pies down. But, I love mine.

      Delete
  3. I have to lower my oven temp on my convection or it burns things. Also those crust protectors are a dream and well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kim,
      Now I know why the cooking bags burst and various things overcooked instead of my leaving things in too long. I put some of those crust protectors in my cart once. It occurred to me that I would have to wash them, whereas I could just use foil and throw it away. I reuse the foil through pie season by sticking it in the refrigerator and throwing it away eventually.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...