Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Ugliest Christmas Sweater and $1200 Expense and Christmas Eve


At the Christmas party and lunch last Tuesday, I saw the cutest ugly sweater. Of course, my camera battery was dead. However, you can do the work and google "Gorilla sweater ugly Walmart" and see it. Sorry. I know how to cut and past, but the link ending up being about six lines long.

Tommy went Monday to the dentist for a crown replacement at the tune of $1,200.

I think it quit raining Tuesday. Maybe the drunks can keep it on the road.

Christmas Eve

I wanted to go to Cullman for a few things, so we did. However, we are back safe and sound. I did not sleep at all Monday night, so I am dead at almost 3 pm. I wanted to get my mail and return something small to Belk.

While at Belk I had to look around. I found a rack with everything marked $2.49. I found a beautiful, long skirt with every color in the rainbow for $2.49. It is floor-length. However, it is a medium, way too small for me. Since it is so long and a circular skirt, I can just cut off the elastic waistband and turn over the top for more elastic. I can buy bias seam binding. Or, I can use contrasting solid fabric to make a new waistband. The original cost? $58.00

Most of the people shopping at Belk looked very grim!

Since I had no sleep, I did not feel like going to any stores up there to look for the kind of coat he wants. There is a thrift store where the guys will help find things. I was hoping to go there. They may have been closed. But, I was not getting out of the car.

We went to my unit to see what I could find. I cannot work for over two minutes. Tommy holds up longer. I found a Rubbermaid tub I have had for 30 years. Three plastic bins were in it where I sorted my jewelry into the little partitions. I found my only Christmas jewelry--the holly leaves dipped in gold. You may remember that was a thing 30 years ago. Well, I only wear them once a year. I am going to wear them Sunday since it is still holly season. right?

In the bin was a colander and a jar of Barilla Creamy Alfredo that I bought bogo at Publix. I paid $1.38 for the 14.5 oz. jar. It says it makes 7 servings, but we will make it into 8 servings. I cannot believe the disparate things the guys put in the bin. I laughed. I was worried they would just dump those three plastic partitioned boxes into one of their huge bags and everything would spill. The bin is one of the short ones, but it will now serve as storage for my panties, nightgowns, washcloths, and towels. I had determined I had to buy a bin after the New Year. Now, I don't have to.

At the Farmer's Market there was one farmer there, the one where I always buy tomatoes. So, Tommy paid for tomatoes--$6.00.

While he was putting the Rubbermaid box and Barilla into the back of the Rogue, I took the jewelry and got into the front seat. I heard him yell, "OH, DAMN!" It alarmed me, so I quickly put the boxes down in his seat. He yelled that his rollator rolled away. I jumped out and hurried after it. He told me not to run. Later, he said I actually ran--yeah, about six steps. The rollator rolled into traffic. Thankfully, it was in the outside of three lanes going one way! I was waving at cars all the way with Tommy yelling for me to be careful. By the time I got to it and rescued it, I really needed it to walk up the hill/slope of the driveway.

The box on top of the bin held a Christmas house. I have quite a collection of them. I could have put this one out. I suppose I have about 20 of the huge houses and stores and churches. Most of them were bought at yard sales for $0.25 up to $3.00. I did buy one new one. I know none of the Christmas houses were destroyed because only this one was left in the house.

We went to the store where I won the $100 certificate and bought things so we could both enter. There was a bottleneck in front of me. After a few minutes, I asked if there were a wreck since several people were bent and bobbing up and down. When traffic cleared, we saw a full buggy of Christmas candy. Hershey and Reese's 8.5 oz. were steals at $0.99 each! We both bought two bags. I chose Kisses in the holiday foil and Crunch Bells. He bought Hershey Miniature Bells and Miniature Reese's cups.

After we arrived at his house this afternoon, I was going to take a nap before we go back to church. But, he said he needed to go to WM and get milk and some things. He better be getting me something for Christmas. He has two gifts under the tree and I have none.

It is 5 pm and he can get his own turkey leg and mashed potato from the refrigerator since he will not be hungry until I am taking my nap.

Merry Christmas!
























6 comments:

  1. That is one expensive tooth. Do you have to pay right away (like with a credit card or a loan) or can you pay the dentist in installments like monthly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on the dentist cost! A couple years ago I had a broken tooth and the dentist said I could have a root canal.and a crown for close to $2000 or I could have the tooth pulled for $300. I went with the tooth pulled as it was close to the back of my mouth.
    That is a great price on the candy.
    I hope you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Dentistry is expensive! Everyone was ecstatic over the candy, grabbing it like it was gold.

      Delete
  3. And a prosperous new year to you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Thank you. And, a prosperous new year to you. "Prosperos anos y Felicidad!"

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...