Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Baring It All: Disinfecting My Buttocks

As usual, I had trouble sleeping and slept from 4 am until 7 am! Ugh! We left in a light rain to drive to Cullman to the lunch at the pretty church, the one that uses real tableware instead of plastic and foam. I even had my unsweetened tea in a glass.

The rain came and went and traffic was minding its manners. We went to the PO and by my place. Then, we arrived at the church early enough and not too early.

I love scouring the counters and tops of recycling bin for junk mail, like I never get enough. I did score a USA Today and a local paper, both tossed without even reading. I only looked at two of the half-dozen or more tables in front of the PO Boxes.

At the church luncheon was a program by the Unsheltered founder. They have plans for the future with about ten acres and Tiny Houses for the homeless. It was very enlightening. At the present there are 28 people who are homeless in Cullman. This does not count people who are sleeping on the couch of a friend or sleeping in their car or in a shelter. Some of the 28 are sleeping in the woods.

Lunch--Lasagna, buttered garlic bread, salad, and a dessert with whipped topping on cake and maybe berries and blueberries. I did not eat mine, so not sure. I think the lasagna might me the best I have ever had!

Then, we left like the wind, okay like a breeze, to get to Huntsville to the cardiologist. After tests it turns out there is no problem with my veins. I am happy, but disappointed I did not find out the source of the problem. he gave me clues why my feet swell, so I am off on that quest.

I made chicken sandwiches and took Halos so we would not have to buy lunch. On the way back home from Huntsville we stopped in Cullman and ate at Sportsman Lake as we watched two fishermen and little bitty ducks who ended up being teenagers whose mothers had left them on the lake. The interlude was very relaxing.

The distance from Birmingham to Cullman is about 50 miles. The distance from Cullman to Huntsville is about 50 miles, also. We left at 4 pm to drive from Huntsville to Birmingham and arrived here 7 pm. Long day.

Then, we stopped at the cleanest bathroom I know of since I really had to pee. As I pulled up my pants, my buttocks felt yucky. I looked back at the commode seat and it looked as though several people had peed on the back part of the seat. It was dying and sticky. There was nothing on the front part. OH YUCK! I put my hand on my backside and the whole back of my pants was damp.

I got in the car and sat in the filthy residue. It felt so sticky and gross. When I arrived home, I stripped from the waist down. I did not want to sit on the commode here and contaminate it. But, I had to pee. Afterwards I took Lysol wipes and thoroughly cleaned the seat and then sprayed it with Lysol.

Finally, I soaped up a cloth and washed my buttocks well. Very well and long! I am still grossed out. Why did I not look at the seat thoroughly? Because I have used this commode and it is never, ever anything but pristine.  I just gave it a cursory look. Maybe I need new glasses.

Those pants go straight into the washing machine. I am going to use a plastic bag over my hand to lift them. GAH! Even though my backside is clean from soap and water, I used a Lysol wipe on myself.  I hope the Lysol wipe does not give me a rash.

14 comments:

  1. Ugh! Sounds awful to sit on a seat like that. I went into a public bathroom a few years ago and someone had missed the seat and somehow had a huge amount of diarrhea all along the back. Of course I promptly left but I did feel sorry for the person who would have to clean the mess up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to a church with one bathroom/commode for all and came across a scene like you describe. The bathroom had to close down! I have not sat on a dirty commode in 60 years. I usually inspect seats carefully. Maybe i need new glasses or to carry a flashlight.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Yeah-I'd be creeped out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how awful! I would have had to use alcohol,or peroxide and then try to get in the shower (and to shower at night after a busy day is really hard on my knee these days), but I don't think I would have been able to sleep unless I would have.

    Before my first knee surgery, I was standing in line with a lady who had a scar on her knee which was obviously a knee replacement scar. We were in line forever, so I was asking her about knee surgery because mine was coming up soon. Her turn in line finally came, and I told her I appreciated the information she told me. She was a little hard to understand sometimes, like slightly slurred speech, but very nice. Then as she was leaving the line, she came up a little closer to me and more quietly said, "and be sure and have you a pecan". Just then it was my turn in line. I am so dense, and maybe I was hungry at the time, and I was wondering what one pecan would do for me, or even many pecans, I do like pecans, and I am sure they have a lot of minerals and good things in them. Do you know, I was home putting away the stuff I had bought, when I realized that she was not talking about the tree nut pecan. She was saying pee can, not pecan. But there can be something good about being sure to have a pecan (not a tree nut) along when you are going to be traveling. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      I sure could have used a pee can today. I was so tired and had ridden 150 miles so far and had another 50+ to go.

      Delete
  4. LOL Oh heavens... horrible but lesson learned to always check, tp on the seat works decent also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I did check. More on same bathroom in next post.

      Delete
  5. If you can you put your feet up every time you sit down it can help to ease swollen feet. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Normally, that would be helpful. Except, I have my feet up all the time, and it does not help one bit. Neither did Lasix. There are other problems. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. I hate when people pee on the seat. (or worse) Even at home I have my husband trained to check the seat on and under and clean up any messes and also to put the seat down! We usually use separate bathrooms but he still does this. I had my boys trained when they were little too. And I better not have found the seat left up! Especially at night when the lights were off or only a night light. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      My best friend once told me his wife cured him of leaving the seat up when she plunked down in the toilet bowl. He said she screamed every curse word she knew and a few threats. Good for you--mothers should train their sons. Well, fathers should train them, too. But, when you are still training the father....

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...