Thursday, March 12, 2020

On the way to ER

Yesterday, Wednesday, we drove a round trip of 140 miles for me to go to a nurse practitioner. She has a PhD in nursing and is very patient. With list in hand, I told her I had eleven (11) things to talk about. "Can you, will you listen to all of them? I can come back next Wednesday if you don't have time."

She said, "Let's hear it." We got through the list. Some questions were simple and just requests for refills or for a liquid instead of pills I take. But, my appointment lasted from 1 pm to 4 pm. She worked slowly enough to hear me and respond. Some of the same questions were brushed off or forgotten by other doctor's even though they responded positively to my questions, requests, or needs.


She gave me refills, and liquid meds to replace pills. Then, I had an ekg. She ordered me to ER. I would die in the hospital in Cullman, so I opted to return to Birmingham. Now, in order to keep Tommy off the streets and away from any possibility of catching coronavirus, I am going by ambulance to hospital. Palpitations and chest pains are extraordinary.

There is no need to fuss about my inaction. I just won't post it. By the time you read this, I will be in an ambulance.

Before my appointment we managed to get lots done. Since I felt too bad to make a sandwich, we picked up a small hamburger. The one thing i did not do was make a return to Belk's.

I went to the same bathroom that was icky and found it ickier. The pee had dried. I just left and called the person in charge who assured me she had used it and it was fine. Oh well.  In this bathroom when you look at the commode seat, the light causes your shadow to fall across the seat, so it was hard to see the second time. Or, maybe it is my eyes. lol

Oh, diagnosis from ekg was ischemia.

Good grief, forecast is 78F today!






11 comments:

  1. Glad you found a nurse practitioner that would listen to you. I had to look up what ischemia was. Sounds very serious. I hope that the ER can help you. The ER in Cullman sounds like the ER here in our town. I would rather go an hour to Columbus than deal with here. I hope when you read this things are going better for you. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the ischemia what's been causing your dizziness and tiredness? What can be done for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thats no good! hoping that you are on the mend soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better and getting treated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh what a shock. Wishing you all the best. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope everything goes well in the hospital. I'll be thinking of you.

    Susie D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, wishing you the best outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, all. Since I wrote and posted, I will not respond to each comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I was just catching up on your posts and saw this one. I am glad the you finally got someone to listen to you. Sorry you had to go to the hospital but better to get checked out. Take care and will check back to see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your post from yesterday. Take care and will keep checking for new posts. P.S. I don't expect an answer to this post. Just take good care of yourself and regain your strength.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...