Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday Doings and Plans and Plans Not Done

The basil recovered without any help from me. Whew! When I repotted the herbs, the basil had a rope of roots a half inch thick around the bottom of the pot. Undecided what to do with it, I explained it to Tommy and ripped off the whole root mass around the bottom of the pot. Now, Tommy knows what "root-bound" means and what it looks like. I think it took a long time for the plant to recover from all the damage I did. Hopefully, it will be strong going forward.

It is hard to wait so long for the new scales. Last week, I stopped into a doctor's office in Cullman and weighed myself. Well, i called and asked. There was not a soul in the waiting room or in any of the exam rooms. So, I felt safe. Surprisingly, I had only gained a pound since the first of the year. I suppose I just feel fatter. I have gained in the last six months. So, now I need to reverse that.

I went into this virus with one canister of Lysol wipes. Then, i found them bogo at Publix. A store sold me another cannister from the office where they kept them to protect canisters from people who would buy them all. So, out of four canisters, I have used two and am on my third. The last is orange scented, so I dread using it. It smells like Tang!

Okay, I caved. I bought a Pill Planner. Now, I have pills in a plastic case. Since I added three pills last week, and two the month before, it is time to get me organized. My planner has a week and four times each day. Honestly, it is a relief. Finding and opening each bottle was such a pain. I keep all the pill bottles in a zippered case, but they never were easy to find. I do not actually have many pills. Does this make me old?

Today, I have to go out and spray bug killer on the kale since it is curled up, cringing from bug bites. And, I want to take my car to the carwash where they pull the car through. I need to color my hair. Turkey legs are waiting to go into the oven. Maybe I will bake sweet potatoes.

It is 6 pm and all I have done is take my car to the carwash. It certainly looks nice after being covered with yellow pollen for the last month. I still need to go kill bugs on kale and pick lettuce. Well, I went for a drive and to Home Depot.

What are your plans for today? Okay, it is late, so what did you plan and do or plan and not do.





6 comments:

  1. I have been using a pill minder box for years. I rarely forget to take my pills, but there were a couple of times that I came real close to taking one of my pills twice instead of once. What finally made me get a pill box was one time when I had a phone call from my son stationed overseas the second I had taken my pill; after the call was over, I was still thinking about talking to him. I thought I hadn't taken that pill, so went to take it again. As I was unscrewing the cap, I thought to myself I think I already took this, but maybe I didn't, so I counted the pills and I had already taken it. It would not have been good at all to double up on a blood thinner. Luckily I caught myself before I really screwed up. It is a lot safer for me to use a pill minder. Sometimes I can be a bit scatter brained.

    I sure am enjoying reading about all of the gardening you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      That could be very dangerous to take blood thinner twice! I feel like an old lady with the pill minder, but I get scatter-brained, too...lol. Since I chose pills instead of surgery for arteries, I certainly do not want to forget one or take them twice! I have only been using the pill minder two days, and life is so much easier.

      Thanks...I need cheerleaders!

      Delete
  2. Working-that's the bulkof my day, and then my mother-in-laws shop for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      You d stay busy, and it is good you shop for mil.

      Delete
  3. I have used one for over 10 yrs I am 61.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      When I got some meds that were really important, not that any med is not, I knew it was time.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...