Friday, May 15, 2020

Delicious Dinner and Peanut Butter

Thursday night, dinner was late. I was tired. So, what is new with me and dinner?  However, I had plenty of food, so I was not going to get dinner out or even wish it.

I washed two of the four zucchini and Tommy sliced them. I put the sliced zucchini and some water and olive oil and a sliced clove of garlic in a Corelle casserole, the kind that can be used on the stove. Finally, I could stand no longer and put it in the oven. I diced a huge juicy tomato.

When the zucchini was well-wilted, I added the diced tomato and had the dish on a stove eye. I sliced chicken and placed it in dish and added grated Cheddar cheese. By the time I got two plates, the cheese was melted. So, I dished the meat and vegetables onto our plates. It was delicious!  There was about half the meat we usually eat.

2 zucchini, sliced
1 large tomato
Sliced chicken breast
2 oz. grated cheese
garlic or garlic salt or powder.

Tommy was disappointed there was not more of this dish. Me too! I cannot wait until zucchini and tomatoes are ready to pick! Maybe I should plant them soon.

I always ate Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter. It would  spoil in the heat of my house if not refrigerated. If refrigerated, it was rock hard and no fun. Here, it won't because the heat is on 64F in the winter and cool in the summer so I can breathe. Because regular pb is not good for anyone's heart/arteries, I have switched back to Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter. It is full of oil in the glass jar and is a pain to use.

I did scrape it all out, beat with an electric beater and put it back in the jar AND store it in the refrigerator. Now, I just turn the jar upside down and store it out of the refrigerator. This pb only has peanuts and a little salt. I always thought it was better for a person to consume, but had fallen away from this good habit since being here. I am back on track with this good habit.

Do you ever eat natural peanut butter?

14 comments:

  1. I remember that peanut butter with the oil on top from my youth. I was so glad when homogenized peanut butter came along. How bad can it be in the whole scheme of things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the oil on top. However, the bad fats in peanut butter these days has probably contributed to my clogged arteries, so the oil on top is not so bad that I cannot deal with it. Now, I am trying to convert Tommy.

      Delete
  2. I remember as a kid my mom always used Jif (which I still use) and my babysitter used Adam's or something that was always oily on top. I never liked that LOL. But I have bought that natural kind to make peanut butter cookies with, sometimes or give as a treat to dogs in their kong ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am younger than you and most of the people who remember the oily peanut butter, yet, I have no memory of it. I do not remember peanut butter until I was in hs. Weird! I had wondered if the natural stuff was good for pb cookies. Ha! I know dogs would love it. You are good to them...lol.

      Delete
    2. NO, I am older than you. Silly me.

      Delete
  3. I have been buying natural peanut butter for years, despite the protests of my children. Now, they suddenly love it!
    it is a little difficult to manage but it's an inconvenience I can live with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Isn't funny how kids grow up and like what is good for them? Turning the jar upside down sure helps to manage it.

      Delete
  4. Yes when we buy peanut butter we go for the natural type.
    Now I can't eat the 'regular stuff' it is way too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always ate the natural type until I got out of the habit lately because of Tommy's preferences.

      Delete
  5. Most peanut butters have sugar in them, and since hubby and I have been grain free / sugar free for two years, we make sure to purchase the ones without sugar. Ours, too, only has peanuts and salt. I tend to use almond butter more often, though. Peanuts are not nuts, they're legumes, and can be inflammatory (joint pain is not my friend), so that is why I use almond butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice,
    All the fats are the reason I use the natural. Yes, not real nuts, but I am not allergic to pb. I was tested. Even when I don't eat it for a long time, I can tell no difference. I have never had almond butter. You could still be allergic to almonds. Have you been tested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not allergic to either almonds or peanuts. I don't eat any legumes (beans) because they are inflammatory and not healthy. Peanuts are legumes, but not as bothersome as regular beans.

      Delete
  7. That is my favorite PB too! But you are right - it is a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      Let's just say--you have to be committed to eat Smucker's Natural PB.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...