Saturday, May 16, 2020

Sleeping with Darth Vader

The oxygen machine has a steady hum that is not annoying at all. However, it sort of wheezes in and puffs out forcefully. I think I remember that from Star Wars or was it Star Trek. At any rate. I slept with oxygen on Thursday night. Finally, I just passed out at 5 am from exhaustion. This is not fun.

I awoke at 9:30 and took a nap from noon to 3:30 with Darth Vader. I think the oxygen has helped me with the pain and exhaustion a tiny bit. My back still hurts, but somehow it is different.

The new Craftsman drill dumbfounded me today. I knew how to use the chuck, but could not. Tommy finally got it to work. Somehow the chuck was stuck and he managed to force it to work. After that, I had no trouble changing bits. The drill was $49 + $15 for bits.

Friday, I went outside and stood at the porch to drill holes in pots so I can plant. A door-to-door salesman came up and asked it he could help us. He saw both of us struggling to drill a hole in plastic...lol. Well, it was very hard plastic.

He helped with three large pots. No, he did it. When he asked if there was more, I told him I needed holes in the bottom of the garbage can. This puzzled him. When I told him I was going to plant potatoes in the garbage can, he said he had never heard of that. I explained it to him.

Since I have to pace myself, this is all I did Friday other than cooking pasta for spaghetti on Friday night. Saturday, I plan to plant til I drop. That will happen before I run out of plants!

I have the little iron table from the junk store in front of the house in the little area between driveway and walk and house. One of the chairs is there. So, one table and chair in the front and one table and chair in the back is the way things are now. Both tables need work. But, each functions as a table. No, they won't be used as is.

Friday night, I fell asleep easily with the Darth Vader machine. At any rate, I am thinking of putting the machine across the hall in another room.

Have you ever used one of the machines to make oxygen?

6 comments:

  1. no but I often fall asleep with 'noise' whether white noise type of a lecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White noise, mine at least, is steady not pulsating. Cloe your eyes and think of Darth Vader breathing.

      Delete
  2. I hopes you listened to the salesman's "spiel" after he was so helpful! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      Yes, we asked him about what he was selling when he finished with the drilling.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...