Thursday, May 7, 2020

Eardrum Swelling and Cost of Chicken

The one new thing I ate on Wednesday when my ear was so swollen was Special K Red Berries. I have eaten it for a long time, on and off. But, this was a new box that said it had more strawberries. I am not allergic to strawberries and eat them all the time. 

However, maybe these strawberries had been grown with a pesticide that remained. I am allergic to wheat, just some wheat. 

Nothing else was different. Today, I had a banana and milk after I took my pill and had to wait an hour. Then, I made us a chicken sandwich so we would not want to eat out. 

We left about 1:15 and got home about 6:30. I had to rush in and eat because I was tired and hungry. Special K Red Berries with milk was my snack. Soon, my other ear drum and eustachian tube was hurting, stinging, feeling swollen. I drank lots of water. Eventually, it stopped hurting, but I can feel my ear drum, feeling funny. 

The ENT told me years ago that when my eardrums were screaming in pain that it was referred pain, that my throat was starting to swell shut. 

I will not have cereal for three days. Next Monday, I will try it again. If I have to quit eating it, Tommy won't touch it. Well, the save money and not waste food, he might. 

Today, I went to a store and the electric cart quit. It took them 35 minutes to get me out of there and find me a new cart. The guy was exhausted pushing me. Bought--2 trash cans, 2 bottles of 3 mg Natrol Melatonin, large bin for my stuff, dental floss, interdental brushes, Hershey's cocoa, candy. 

Then, I went to Lowe's and arranged for them to bring me a new picnic table and pick up this crooked one. One set of legs was sitting crooked, leaning under the table, just ready to fall down. Since someone pushed me in and around, and he was mean and rude, I stayed too long waiting to get out. The manager was nice, and surprisingly willing to make this right. So, I won't be painting this weekend.

After that, I went to Publix. Bought--5 ears of Peaches and Cream corn on the cob, 4 zucchini, 2 half-gallons of milk, bananas, family pack of chicken. I think it was $3.48.

Before I found the large pack of chicken, I picked up a two breast, bscb that was $7.69/lb.!!! I almost had a stroke. 

I have chicken cooked and raw in the freezer, not much. But, I will continue to buy about one package a week. I bought bscb for $1.49 two weeks ago. I will not pay $7.69/lb. 

Have you found exorbitant prices in the meat counter?

8 comments:

  1. Actually have not gotten meat lately. I have some farm raised hamburger from the farmers mkt and some chicken breasts frozen bought before the covid stuff. That will last us awhile as we do not eat a lot of meat but mostly use cut up it in dishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      We never eat much meat. But, Tommy does not like some meat in his food.

      Delete
  2. I think people can actually develop an allergy to strawberries later in life even if they've always eaten them. The same thing happened to my ex when he was in his 30s. He had always eaten kiwi fruit and then one day his whole face swelled up and he couldn't touch them ever again. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. treaders,
      People can develop and allergy to anything later in life. Pleeease, don't let it be strawberries.

      Delete
  3. Well yeah, not surprised the prices are goin' up but anyways, I love me some meat in my life... Especially chicken! Of course, I love strawberries as well! 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HG,
      I am allergic to all mammal products, so I have to have chicken and I prefer it anyway. I just cannot be allergic to strawberries!

      Delete
  4. I haven't paid attention to the price of meat lately I suppose it is up some/a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cooked a package of breasts that cost me $26! There were so many and so large that Tommy and I just ate together less than one breast.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...