Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Tuesday Tired! Oops, it's Wednesday

I slept 3.5 hours Tuesday night, got up at 8 am on Wednesday, washed my hair after I took my pill, and then had to wait an hour to eat. I had banana and milk. There is more, but first. 

As I was making a chicken sandwich Tuesday for lunch on Wednesday on our trip to Cullman and even more northward to go to a doctor, I asked Tommy if he wanted me to make him a sausage sandwich to eat instead of buying breakfast. He hemmed and hawed. Finally, I asked him for the third or fourth time to tell me because I was having sausage and bun not a bought one. 

I was given a bag of huge but thin sausages which are very mild. I like them and they fit on a hamburger bun. He does not like them so much, but he is eating them as they are food. So, we were not buying sausage and biscuits this morning. I asked him if he wanted to just get coffee. "no" AND, he only wanted one slice of bread. 

He is weighing after telling me he would weigh maybe every few months, if that. So, he cares. And, he appreciates the scales. 

We even ate the sausages at home instead on the road. Oh, he scares me eating and driving, so for about two months, I tell him I want to just eat and relax as we park. It is working to keep me less stressed. He had eaten cereal and milk about 7:30. 

We drove straight to the doctor with only a trip to bank and to pay a bill, minor stops. Then, I drank my little six ounce yogurt. We arrived at the doctors and I went in two minutes before my appointment. But, they had a systemwide computer failure and had to call Huntsville in order to check in patients. And, there was something else wrong. 

They said, yes, they would call me and I could sit in the car until it was my turn. So, I had to wait an hour and got hungry and ate my sandwich. 

After the doctor's appointment and two trips to pick a medical device and a stop for a prescription and two grocery store trips, I was hungry again. Can you believe it. And, then I wanted a Whopper jr. With a coupon, we spent $3.48 and both had a 50 cent drink from the cheap machine. 

ugh. tommy wanted to know what the meal between lunch and dinner was called. 

Tommy is not eager to help me drill. So, I bought a drill and bits! Out in the country, I bought two plants from the woman starting the CSA. One is cherry tomato and the other is a plant with tiny peppers, not hot, in red, green, and orange. 

My eye has been bothering me, just a little place near the inner corner of my eye and on top lid. Well, I have a "tiny sty." And, eyedrops. 

The pulse oximeter I wore one night showed my level oxygen dropped to 54. So, I now have a machine that makes oxygen and I have little tubes to stick in my nose. Yay! But, it is my hope I feel better. So, I guess 54 is too low. ???  When awake it is 99--100. 

When we got home, I asked Tommy how he would like strawberry shortcake for dinner. He said it sounded okay. I have reneged and told him he could have crackers and cheese and strawberries whole for dinner. He is okay with it. The Whopper jrs had lettuce and tomatoes, so we are good, right?

I found a shiny quarter as I came out of Lowe's!

10 comments:

  1. Um, you need a sleep study as you obviously have sleep apnea?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle,
      No, I do not. I sleep like a rock and never move, gasp, snore. I have asked, and I am a good, quiet sleeper. Doctors do not think I need a sleep study. Tommy can barely hear me breathing.

      Delete
    2. To clarify, you've been told you don't need a study, or you had one and it wasn't apnea? What you describe is almost exactly what I experience. I sleep soundly for a few hours (like you describe) then something wakes me up. Not hearing someone breath may be a sign of the apnea. I'm not a doctor of course, but something is off with your sleep.

      Delete
    3. I have been told I do not need a study. I have never had a study. Tommy can hear me breathe. But, it is a smooth breathing, not gasping or snoring or doing anything unusual. The something that wakes me is usually needing to go to the bathroom. lol The night I wore the pulse oximeter I only awoke once, went to bathroom and then slept soundly for the rest of the time.

      Delete
  2. Sam ,I do not have sleep apnea but do have low levels of oxygen when I sleep due to my heart failure. IT depends on what is causing the drop in oxygen before it's called apnea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      You are more experienced with this. I do not have heart failure.

      Delete
    2. They were so quick to set up a sleep study with me, so that's why I was clarifying. I hope the added O2 helps.

      Delete
    3. SAM,
      Over the years doctors have questioned me. One just decided I was old and fat and decided to set a sleep study for me. Once he decided to ask questions, he said I did not have sleep apnea. I always complain about not being able to sleep.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...