Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Lowe's Fiasco

I received a call saying that the pickup of the picnic table would have to be scheduled for Wednesday. Oh, a loud "no no no" caused the woman to reconsider...lol...and said she would be right back. I was continuing to say I had stayed home two days!

She came back on the line with a better plan. The truck was leaving Tuscaloosa and would stop here and get the picnic table. So, I was here until after 4 pm.

The driver talked with me and I told him where the picnic table was located. He went to look at it while the other guy remained in the truck. I heard loud whoops coming from somewhere and finally determined it was him. I could hear this from inside the house, too. He emerged from the truck with his phone in one hand and the earplugs or something in the other.

The guy staggered out, almost falling down. He staggered across the lawn putting one foot across in front of the other in an attempt to walk and stay straight. He screamed, "Wow, you are beautiful! Are you married?" I told him to shut up and do his job. He continued with same thing.

Finally, he managed to get down on his hands and knees, begging me not to get him fired. (At this point, I am on hold for Lowe's corporate.) I told him to shut up, get up, and do his job, putting his phone away so he could carry the table. THEN, he managed to let the table leg ram into the gate and fence to the backyard.

He continued his nonsense and foolishness in front of the driver. He was barely able to carry the table. They finally got it on the truck, hitting one leg hard. I wonder if it is saleable now.

I was leaning on the ramp when he came over and leaned with me talking all buddy-buddy like, telling me how he did not know white people could make mistakes, but his manager was stupid and about some mistake the manager made. I told him I did not want to hear it and get away from me.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The driver had no receipt to give me, but wrote something out, showing it was picked up. The driver was really professional and nice. I did ask him if he would put the round table in the backyard. He did it without attitude. I was going to tip him for that, but the other guy was still upsetting me with his nonsense.

We need to go to bread store now.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my he sounds like he was high or drinking. Just a guess. Glad that is over with for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Drinking, I believe. I was never so glad to have anyone gone!

      Delete
  2. GReat post,thanks for sharing!
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your BeautyQueen poster is a spammer. Doing the rounds at the moment.

      Delete
    2. Treaders,
      I think so,too. But, I shunned someone who was legit once.

      Delete
  3. that's crazy. I think I would report that to Lowe's. No excuse for having that kind of employee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am trying. But, Lowe's is unreachable right now.

      Delete
  4. That is just too weird. He must have been on something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I thought he was drinking, but nothing was on his breath. Maybe meth?

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...