Sunday, June 7, 2020

Acquisition of Tools

My toolbox did not make it out with me from the house. So, I am faced with having no tools. When I opened the trunk of the car shortly after my house was destroyed, I found a hammer. I owned three. One daddy gave me, one I bought for a workman to use, and the other was a ball peen hammer I bought from a yard sale.

I have had to buy two needle-nosed pliers in order to repair jewelry I wear. So, that is it.

Tommy and I were out watering my now-gone garden when he saw something and picked it up, saying someone lost a tool. It was the ac guy. I am keeping the wire cutters he left. The rubber cover is coming off, it rusted a bit outdoors, and there is a huge chunk out of the cutting blades. It has enough use left in it for me. I am quite sure it is not worth returning to retrieve. 


I am still waiting on yard sales in order to buy used tools. So, how do you acquire tools? Purchase new? Purchase used? Inherit? Find? Or, just borrow? I do all except borrow! 

6 comments:

  1. I have never acquired tools of my own as my husband owned every conceivable thing. I'm pretty sure he left the majority of them here but I can't find a thing in the garage!
    The handles are coming off all my saucepans and I need to do something about them so I might need to buy some tools in the near future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      It seems like you have tools, now, maybe by default. Is there anyone who could look in the garage and find a screwdriver for you. I think that is a spanner to you. Maybe not. Maybe you need a wrench for the pot handles.

      Delete
  2. I find a lot of tools for a decent price at estate sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      Thanks. I suppose their are more tools at estate sales than regular yard sales.

      Delete
  3. Yes tools are everywhere in sales and such. Borrow what you need for now and slowly buy no need for new ones at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I never borrow tools because that person can now borrow anything. My things never come back or come back destroyed. But, like you say, tools are everywhere.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...