Friday, June 12, 2020

Dreaded Visit to Belk's

For a while I refused to go into Belk's to return items I bought that did not fit. I had five things I ordered from the internet and took them all back. However, I had ripped the tag off one,  a jacket with a zipper that would not zip. She would not take it back. I did not argue. I will take it up with someone else with more clout.

Using my walker, I shopped for clothing that was 60% off regular price. I tried on nothing. Next Tuesday, I will return what does not fit and see about the jacket return. I wanted sheets, but could not walk that far. I went to the purses and just left. This would be a great time to buy children or teen clothing.

We carried chicken sandwiches and ate those at the lake, looking at the ducks and people. It was so pleasant that I hated to leave. I really wanted something else. When I went to Publix, I bought a quart of strawberries and we ate those on the way home.  So, no bought lunch today.

I also went by my house and someone mowed my lawn. ??? I think I know who and it was not out of generosity. Self-interest was behind the gesture. I could be wrong.

On the way into town, we saw two yard sales I planned to stop by on the way out of town. The first turned out to be a mobile carwash set up in front of the courthouse. The next was gone, but it was 3 pm. So much for a yard sale.

I took money from the bank, gave Tommy what I owed him, paid a bill, found nothing of interest and not cheap at another grocery. I got the mail and there was nothing urgent or of interest. I kept ten ones for yard sales.

The bill I pay with cash at the drive-up window has a $3.95 charge if I use a card. Since it is a 3 min stop and near everywhere I go, I opt to pay cash at the window.

I sent a fax at Office Depot. Tuesday Morning is going out of business, so just I had to shop on the sidewalk and inside. When I came back to the car, Tommy asked me if I found anything. "Yes, I found needs/wants/wishes, but nothing I was willing to lay down money to buy."

When we got home, I had to rest a bit and then we watered the plants. I was talking baby talk to them when Tommy wanted to know what I said. When I told him I was talking to my plants and they liked it. He said, "Talk to them like you did your chickens and I will know what you are doing." I thought I was.

Now, I need to try on all those clothes and get them ready to return to Belk's if they do not fit. I cannot justify keeping all of them. Trying on things is something I hate with a passion.

Many businesses were going out of business! I am not surprised.

Do you talk to your plants and chickens, talking baby talk?


10 comments:

  1. Our next door neighbors yard has not been cut in over a year. We are about to mow it not out of generosity (the house is empty) but out of self interest. Her yard is filled with weeds and it is seeding my lawn with the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      There is a large field across the street that is never mowed unless the weeks are three or four feet high. AND, my yard got the same weeds. So, self-interest is not always a bad thing. When is your estate sale?

      Delete
  2. I dread trying on clothes too. I hope you end up with some outfits that you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I always hate to try on clothes in the store. Now, that dread is worse. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Hope you can get them to take that jacket back. if you didn't have it for long time they really should give you your money back. I bought an umbrella from Walmart once and put it my car. it was a while before I needed it but when I finally did it wouldn't open right. They wouldn't take it back because it had been too long, even tho I hadn't used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That is my project for Monday. I ordered it during the shutdown, so not that long ago.

      Delete
  4. We have mowed a couple that needed mowed. I don't return clothes, if it's too big it goes to the daughter and if too small it goes to the granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      These are on the porch, so they won't be easy to mow...lol.

      Delete
  5. This morning I was in the backyard trimming back the succulents I was certainly not using baby talk but coarse language.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...