Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday Stuff

Only one of 13 items fits that I chose at Belk's. And, I really do not like it without the matching top. If I could set up to sew, I could make things! Tommy refuses to open a bedroom with window, small ones, but they are windows. He insists I can sew in a room with an unusable light fixture. The window is large, but it has two pair of drapes on a curtain rod, not a drapery rod, so I cannot draw them. Still, not enough light to sew.

I am going to ask him to pay for my clothing now. LOL He is all about how much it will cost him to use ac in one more room and to call electrician about the light fixture. He is over here "cleaning" a plastic knife for reuse later. He is using a dirty napkin and hands that are dripping with watermelon. This knife has been reused for months. UGH!

Finally last night, I was able to sleep after two days and nights with only about nine hours total sleep. When I got up midmorning, I was out of my med for my stomach. After calling, stalling, and getting dressed, it was 12:30 before I got the med. I went to Publix to get milk and could take my med then.

We got small burger from BK because I wanted to look for yard sales in the area. Well, he drove down a five lane road with undeveloped land. ??? I pointed out it would be hard to find a yard sale here. He said it would be a hell of a lot easier than driving down Allison Bonnet. Yeah, because there a re lots of side roads intersecting and people advertise with little signs to their neighborhood. He said we could search the neighborhoods. I was ready to go home but got three new pink bags with coupons in them.

When I went into Publix, I got me two gallons of milk and bought one of the personal watermelons--little round ones. I asked a manager if he could slice it into two pieces and put one into the huge plastic bags I see people carrying full of lobster. He did and put in two forks since I had told him I wanted to take it to a park and share it with a friend.

I asked Tommy how much he thought it cost. "Oh, about a dollar." When I told him it cost $3.99 after $1 off, he said DAMN. I asked him how much two ice cream cones or two milkshakes cost. He actually figured both in his head for me...lol.

We did eat some in the car under a tree and thoroughly enjoyed it. At home I managed to slice one of the halves in half and put  a quarter for each of us in a mixing bowl. At least nothing slid off anything else I had.

Plans right now are to finish planting around 5 pm and water again. We are not planting enough to warrant planting in the heat.

I did not walk yesterday, but will today. I will get there with the habits, but after a hard day yesterday and two hours sleep, I could not have walked safely. However, I did manage to make a pouch of brownies.  Yesterday, before the brownies--chicken sandwich, banana, romaine and tomato salad, baked chicken and carrots. So, I suppose brownies were not too bad.

Dinner--baked chicken, carrots, onions, potatoes I cooked all this in one dish. All was leftovers from two different days. I avoided waste.

Do you ever figure the high cost of fruit to the cheaper cost of chips or something and realize that the higher priced fruit is a bargain? Or, do you have to point this out to someone?

10 comments:

  1. I price fruit and fresh veggies to meds I would have to take if I didn't eat them...let alone remember to take them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      That's a good measure and comparison. I have the remember down now with the pill box.

      Delete
  2. Just a possible idea about the lighting problem in the room that makes it hard for you to see to sew...We have a dark area where I needed some extra light and I found that a floor lamp that is tallish and has a swing arm with the light on it works really well to light that area so I can see well there. We got our floor lamp when my husband's parents passed away. It is a colonial style floor lamp, but you may have good luck finding a style that you like at a resale shop.

    I don't eat fruit regularly, but sometimes in season, and peaches as much as I can in season. I like apples in season, not storage. I have become allergic to grapes. I'm looking forward to Honeydews and cantaloupes grown locally. This winter I was loving the flavor of navel oranges. They were so good. Then I ate one and it gave me horrible heartburn which is a real rarity for me, and I haven't had another one since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      I have six floor lamps, all antiques, some with three arms for light, and one with a swing arm. However, all need rewiring. The three I had rewired 30 years ago have quit again...lol...it happens. He said I could not use one. Then, he relented.

      The room has dark brown paneling, so I would have to sit for minutes to be able to see in the room after the focus of a light. Actually, I would probably have to go to the front porch to see anything. Seriously, he needs a new light fixture and not a mix of silly fixes. I would still need a lamp even with a new light fixture. I did in a well-lit room with four long windows.

      I eat at least three and possibly more helpings of fruit each day. Of course, fruit in season is cheaper. But, I have to eat oranges from elsewhere because no oranges grow this far north. I have upped Tommy's fruit consumption, too.

      Delete
  3. That's a pricey watermelon, but healthy and on hot days just he ticket I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone routinely points out values and price comparisons as we shop; he has a eye for such. I do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Don't think it is an intrinsic trait. He has a practiced eye.

      Delete
  5. We've been eating watermelon this week and it is so good and refreshing during this hot weather. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Sitting in the park, it was a refreshing and different thing for us to do. I think Tommy likes that I think of things to do.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...