Saturday, July 25, 2020

Happy Saturday


Cabbage Rabbit Planter, Garden Statue, Rabbit Statue, Garden Rabbit Statue, Concrete Rabbit, Concrete Statue, Lawn Decor, Planter, Rabbits





We awoke very early and left the house in 30 minutes. The sky was brilliant with sun and blue skies with a few beautiful clouds.

Tommy really likes going anywhere in the morning because he can get a sausage biscuit and senior coffee. I am going to try and make some for the freezer only to be eaten when we are going somewhere. So, we got that this morning.

I wanted to get bulbs from the Naked Ladies or Resurrection Lilies that were blooming in my yard.  I called my friend down the street to see if she would get them, digging in the dirt.  I was having trouble walking and was afraid I would fall down.

She got most of the bulbs up, brought them to car. I offered her three bulbs. She said she was coming back because there were more, she thought.

When I asked her, she was not dressed. We were at Publix and told her we were coming back as she told me to come get a gallon of blueberries. She offered me a "stone bunny" that I have admired. I was sort of stunned. She said she wanted someone to have it that loved it as much as she did. WOW!

My bunny has a cabbage in which to plant flowers. I have no idea why the bunny is up above with the lilies!

She had gotten old fashioned roses from my wall and had them growing up from the ground to her deck. She was really happy with the roses.

I felt horrible today. I burned my arm last night, got little sleep and just did not feel well. So, all this made me happy--bunny planter, a gallon of strawberries and a quart of blueberries. And, my bulbs were rescued.  The strawberries she gave me were washed and ready to use as were the blueberries. We arrived home about noon, and have to go to the store. Then, I need to plant the bulbs and take a nap.

Do you remember the cooking bag that had the bottom fall out while I had food in it? Well, it did. I received a coupon for $4 to apply to another box of bags. I was told I would get a replacement coupon. I certainly hope $4 covers the replacement. If not, I will call again. But, I can get more cooking bags now. Okay, the $4 coupon bought the $3.69 cooking bags. All is well. 


This was certainly a pleasant day so far. But, it will be better when I can get in the bed for a  nap!

What pleasant things have happened to you today or any day?


16 comments:

  1. I love the naked ladies & the bunny. I used to have them in my garden years ago. What is a sausage biscuit? I have not heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Hardee's sausage and biscuit--a biscuit with a sausage patty.

      Delete
  2. My late husband's brother and family just got a new pontoon. They met us at our place on the river and took my youngest son and his family and me for a ride. I loved it. I love that even though I remarried, they keep me as part of the family. Good, sunny and not-too-hot day.
    Incidentally, I love your bunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I loved her bunny and remarked on it several times. That does sound like a fun day. Your late husband's family sound like they are nice people.

      Delete
  3. I love that cute bunny. It looks like maybe a plant would be pretty in there. How nice to get those lily bulbs.

    Several years ago our elderly neighbor had passed away. I saw their daughter at the house taking things out of it. It took all of the nerve I had,and I still felt a little uneasy, but I asked her if she or her family were going to want the big cement flower basket that I had admired in their yard for more than 35 years (at that time). She said "No one in the family wanted it, and they were feeling kind of bad about leaving it.I told her I had admired it for years and the way her Mom always planted flowers in it. I asked how much money she would want for it. She refused any money. She said they were glad that someone wanted their Mom's basket. I told her it would be out in my front yard anytime she drove by and felt like seeing it again. She smiled when I said that. I normally plant either an asparagus fern or some decorative sweet potato vine in it,but this year,we were late getting out shopping for plants and I couldn't find a fern or sweet potato vines for it. I feel a little guilty every time I look at it. Sorry, Mrs. M, if you happen to look down from heaven and see your empty flower basket,I'll be sure to plant something pretty in your basket next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I got the lilies from my neighbor's yard after she died at 94. I also asked to buy a headless metal crane. The daughter gave it to me, saying she did not know why her mother wanted it or why I wanted it. I am quite sure Mrs. M understands.

      Delete
  4. I baked cookies and managed to get the lawn mowed. I love lillies, we have Amaryllis and rain lillies in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    Mmmm, cookies. I hope it is not as hot where you are as here. Mowing would be brutal. bring cookies next time you stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm spending a rainy Sunday morning doing blog catch-up. I'll make us a nice lunch since my daughter goes to work at 3. If it does not get steamy and the rain drie sup I'll head to a large walking trail park with the dog. He needs an outing. This week will be super busy and stressful at work and I will need to gear up energy for it, so glad to not have to do anything today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Good luck with the week ahead. Preparing for it mentally and physically should help. After it rains here, it is always steamy.

      Delete
  7. Pretty flowers! I so much miss planting bulbs each spring (they wouldn't last a week in the desert!). I hope your arms heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL,
      I plant these once and never again as they come back. Can you water them often and put them where they mostly get shade? This arm problem is a torn rotator cuff that i will not have surgery to cure. My friend advised not to since she had surgery four or five times and it just got worse. It would be nice to have it fixed, though.

      Delete
  8. I spent an hour on the phone listening to Father's memories evoked by a mug of swizzle sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Well, that was a happy conversation, i suppose. At least it was for him. Were you discussing the mug or the swizzle sticks?

      Delete
  9. Hurrah! You are able to post photos again. Those of us who are visual learners appreciate a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Oh, I am glad you like it. I can always post photos i find on the internet, where I got these. It is photos I take that i cannot post. I keep taking pictures and will post them some day...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...