Sunday, July 26, 2020

Sunday, Sleep, and Pizza

Saturday was a great day but tiring. I napped for about an hour and thought I had napped longer. When midnight arrived, I told Tommy we were going to sleep. He was snoozing, anyway...lol. He gladly turned off the tv. If he had wanted to stay up longer, he would just lower the volume.

I don't control bedtime or when the TV goes off, but if I am ready to sleep, he turns off the TV. I have to wake him to tell to turn off the TV. He would prefer to go to bed much earlier. However, he has for years just turned off the TV in the middle of the night, mid nap. A few nights, he has been wide awake until 3 am, laughing at whatever is on and talking to me.

I slept until 4:30 m and had as much sleep as I usually do! I took a sip of water which caused reflux, so I could not lie down again for a bit. I spent 30 minutes trying to read on my laptop.  Finally, I was able to sleep at 5 am. I woke again for good at 11:45 am.

The pain I feel from the moment I get out of bed was almost gone. Maybe I can get enough sleep to keep the pain low.

The swelling in my feet is negligible, but I can feel them swelling more. So, I had better wash dishes while I can.  I need an ottoman for my legs. Mine was thrown out. I watched the guys and they told me I could not have it. ???

The squash casserole was pretty bad. I have no idea what I did wrong, but I will try again in a few days as Tommy sliced enough squash. Maybe I will just cook squash with onions.

Today, I must get the bulbs in dirt! Everything needs watering.  

Other plans include sorting a bit in the bedroom he allowed to be opened. I plan to get a serger and put it in there so I can sew. Plus, I will clean off the dresser in there that he gave me! I am so happy. The first thing I will sew are curtains for the two windows.  Right now, the only thing in there are boxes he has stored for me and the dresser his renter left. 

I will probably sleep better, since sewing relaxes me. Plus, I will have something to do other than cook and wash dishes...lol. 

Dinner on Saturday night: -pre-roasted chicken strips, cucumber for Tommy, leftover squash casserole. We had something else but I cannot remember what it was. 

Right now, we are watching "Arsenic and Old Lace." Sooo, funny!

It is still 91F at 6 pm, hot and humid. What did you do outdoors today? Or, did you be stay inside because of weather?

I think I will make a pizza with tortillas for dinner/supper as was suggested by someone. 

14 comments:

  1. is there such a thing as a 'good' squash casserole ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. be sure and briefly crisp up your tortillas in a dry skillet so they wont get soggy in oven. They make thin crust pizzas. Thin crust pizzas are kind of popular in St Louis, but they are not normally made with flour tortillas. I hope they turn out good for you and you like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I was just going to the kitchen! I will let you know how these turn out.

      Delete
  3. Sorry your dish did not turn out as expected. I just saw someone make a zucchini chip in an air fryer, I might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I dehydrated zucchini and the chips were delicious. I will try it again. I think the problem was that i left it in too long before i took it out and put the last layer of cheese on top. It was way to dry.

      Delete
  4. It seems to me, you two, would benefit from a regular sleep schedule. You know like 10 pm to 8 am or what ever you like....but just consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought I would like squash casserole until I tried Boston Market's Casserole. Now I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      If you had tried the one I made last, you would not have liked it. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. My grandmother used to make squash and onions and add just a little packet of sweetener and it was so good.

    I have an ottoman in my living room for that reason. If I let my legs hang down my feet will swell, so the ottoman solves that problem. I bought mine at a yard sale.

    Sounds hot and humid there, just like here. Cooler weather would be very welcome.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      NO sweetener in my squash and onions, just a bit of salt and pepper and a bit of butter. I mean a tsp in the whole pot.

      I have put my legs up since early 20s because my mother had varicose veins. Legs would not swell. Now, for the last few months, they do. Oh, i am looking for used.

      Yes, just like yours. But, i would not care if it stayed warm all year round. Yes, i have ac.

      Delete
  7. Linda squash casserole was not something I grew up with. I only tried to make it one time It was a failure. I didn't try again...until recently when I came across this Alabama lady fixing one in a video. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=855607451586683 I made her recipe and over a 4 day period ate an entire 9 x 13 pan of delishesness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I did not grow up eating squash casserole, either. I am glad you loved it so. I know what i did--i cooked it and then left it in the oven too long. I will check out that recipe. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...