Thursday, July 9, 2020

Small Things/Small Economy

I know this is silly, but I received a small gift from Arm and Hammer for Earth Day. The post card is embedded with seeds. I am instructed to put it on soil and cover with thin layer of soil and water daily. I received this Tuesday and am still tickled pink. Now, I will have a pot with colorful annual and perennial wildflowers. Did anyone else receive this? I think I had to request it.

Tommy asked me if the plant he was looking at was a bell pepper. Well, I did not see which plant. However, I knew there were two Sweet peppers, so, I said it was. Tommy said it was a perfectly round thing on the plant. The next day, I could not see a pepper where he was standing when he asked, so I asked him and he showed me. The pepper was on the front of the plant that I could not see from where I was looking. It's actually a red pepper, still green. Now, I look at it all the time It is no larger than a quarter, but it thrills me. It is for him since I hate red, green, or orange peppers. This will be for a salad or something that he will eat.

I was looking for my debit card in my purse and found a penny. I was surprised because I had no idea there were coins in my purse. I do have a container of coins in the house, but nowhere near or in my purse. It felt funny to hold a coin.

Looking for something under a sofa cushion, I found one Christmas Kiss. YUM! There is nothing better than surprise chocolate, amiright?

I got rid of a bunch of small things--fireants. Bait works.

Tommy said to me that he was wrong and I was right.  Whew! That was a first-time admission. Every time I get upset and then find out I am wrong or I tell him the wrong turn or something, I tell him I was wrong and sorry that I told him wrong. Well, every time I say I am wrong and sorry, I point out that there is no shame in being wrong, but that a person can at least say so when the person has insisted he/she is right. So, he did it once and maybe it will become a habit. But, once will do.

A bit of insurance to go into the freezer--Today, I froze the first milk jug to go inside in case there is a power disruption. Sure, it is a huge jug, but small security until I add more jugs. Tommy was new to this concept.

If I disappear, it is not me. From the wall to my laptop, there are four pieces to connect to use the laptop. The two tiny pieces have disappeared and I sit in one place and use it. I may have to go buy new ones. Ugh, so this small thing caused a problem. 

Thanks, Kylie.


6 comments:

  1. My grandkids got a postcard with seeds but Daughter said they forgot to water it after about a week and she had forgot also.

    Wish Hubby would admit when he was wrong SIGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card said it would take up to three weeks to germinate. Maybe there is still a chance for flowers. Oh, this was a first for him. I don't expect admissions, but at least i now know he can see he is wrong.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to have the potential for some free flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Yes, potential is correct. I am looking forward to wildflowers.

      Delete
  3. I hope the found penny provide good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...