Tuesday, August 11, 2020

A Dream About Money

 I have to get this post up quickly, as I have done nothing but sleep most of the day. Yesterday, my reason for being in Cullman was very stressful. Plus, the uti is still here even without medication. I slept about 7 hours last night and in a few hours, I went down for a nap, a very long nap. Now, i need to cook the chicken and the hamburger meat in order not to waste it. Tomorrow, I have to be gone all day, so it will not get cooked tomorrow. 

Last night, it seemed I dreamed all night. For some reason, I could walk just fine and was attending a junior college. A professor with whom I had become friendly approached me frantically. She wanted me to take her purse and go shopping for her. She had to teach class.

It seemed there was some sort of fabric sale where the fabric is spread all around the campus, up against the walls in halls and the cafeteria and other places. 

I objected to taking the purse as it was heavy. Finally, after much haggling about whether I needed it or not, I took in one hand just what I needed to make the purchases. She told me to buy $100 worth of a certain brand of fabric. Color and type of fabric did not matter. I wish I could remember the brand. In my dream I had never heard of it.

As I walked around campus, I kept finding money. It was hard to pick coins up with students walking behind me and almost running over me. At one time a male student tried to get the money first even when I called it. Another time a male student got one of the quarters and covered the other up with something heavy and then uncovered it and got it. 

A woman was emptying an ash tray and I saw a quarter, a dime, and two dimes land on the ground. I screeched it was mine, and the woman, a smoker, looked at me like I was crazy. I was!

When I got to some of the fabric, I still found money. So, no one would help me find the fabrics. 

Then, I woke up...lol. But, I must have found $5 in coins and thought how I bet Sluggy had never found so much in loose coins in one day. 

Tell me a dream you have had. Did you ever dream of finding money? Coins? 

9 comments:

  1. I used to think dremas had to mean something, but then relaized they are just a blur of a recent thought with lots of other blips of thought merged. They make for entertaining stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I never thought they were meant to tell us something. I think they are a mish mash of what has happened and a fanciful way of making sense of thoughts, whether important or not, as evidenced by this dream.

      When Tommy pumped gas on Monday and I found a penny on the electric cart, those two events merged with a story of fabric. Plus, sluggy has posts with multiple coin findings!

      Delete
    2. I meant to say that I told Tommy to look for coins as he pumped. And, I looked out the window trying to find coins. I am not lazy, just was really sick.

      Delete
  2. I think my dreams are often something my brain whips up from this and that during the day or week, or even farther back, to make an entertaining story for me, sometimes there maybe a message about something that is going on, but usually not. I very, very, seldom dream about finding money.I occasionally dream about loved ones who have passed on. It's like a visit with them when I do. My Dad died in February and about three weeks after, I dreamed about him and he was turned away, but turned back toward me and smiled like he was so happy. I haven't dreamed about him since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I don't dream about money, ever. And, I have never dreamed about dead relative. That sounds like a good dream about father. I, too, mix things in a dream. Thanks for the story of your father.

      Delete
  3. When I remeber my dreams they the same as I have had before. Several different scenarios but they all seem to show up randomly.
    I prefer not to remember my dreams, they are TOO vivid and mostly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I have vivid dreams, too. I want to remember so I can see what part of my life caused the dream.

      Delete
  4. I used to get horrific dreams after my ex left, about trying to find my way out of the most horrendous mazes/diamond mines/sludge-filled places. Then there were the times I was desperately trying to carry my son (always the youngest) out of a perilous situation. Then dreams of being overwhelmed by the constant chaos and influx of people. But the most enduring dream is that of trying to get in a shower to wash myself and never managing. I figured that out as a way to try to wash my past away. I still get those dreams occasionally even though I'm already 9 years very happily divorced. I'm very down-to-earth so if it can affect me to this extent (PTSD from a violent narc?) god knows how it can affect others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the kind of dreams you have as I have had the same type, always trying to get away from horrendous circumstances and monsters. I had a violent husband.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...