Monday, August 10, 2020

Sunday and Monday--Free Book and a Penny Found

 Sunday, I headed out to go to the doctor. While on the way, we went to two places to be tested for Covid19. Where we read and heard about the drive-up places for testing mentioned nothing about needing an appointment. Shoot! So, I talked on the phone to two people at two different places. Wednesday was the first day available. 

Well, Monday, I spent the morning on the phone with people telling me to come on in today, and that I had a 10 am appointment. It was 10:30, so they wanted me to hurry. I am very ill and this was draining me. Plus, I did not remember anything about the appointment, and neither did Tommy. ???

I have a uti. The doctor sent a prescription to my pharmacy, a huge chain. Well, they closed about 10 minutes before i arrived on Sunday. Monday morning their system was down and I could not get the prescription or talk to anyone there. 

I called another chain that had a pharmacist who was more than willing to transfer it to his chain. But, that was not to be because the first chain could not be reached. Finally, the first chain told me they could not transfer because the system was down. SHOOT!

The med search and the covid testing talk was happening simultaneously. Finally, after two hours, I got the covid19 test and the antibiotic, too.  I was drained since I have the uti that is draining me. 

Finally, I convinced someone to come out and get my debit card and bring me the antibiotic. She was surly and slow. But, as I pointed out, I can get a new pharmacy if I cannot get medicine! 

I got a one hour nap and got up to get ready to be in Cullman for another appointment, not doctor, at 3:30. This was business. 

Publix--bathroom, red grapes, white grapes, two bananas, and an apple. I have fruit salad in mind for me. Since Tommy hates bananas, his will be red grapes and apple. Grapes were cheaper this last week but not very cheap. 

I will wash them and freeze about half of my white grapes and Tommy's red grapes. This is a small thing to store for hard times, but a few frozen grapes might be a real treat in a few months. 

We had a Whopper since they are 2 for $5. Then, he suggested a chocolate ice cream cone. He does not know it, but he has had dinner unless he wants grapes and an apple. He had two oranges with lunch while i slept. 

Sunday, we went by the outdoor take one leave one library. The last books were all musty, so useless to me. This time, I actually found a book put out just that day that was in pristine condition that had never been opened and no writing. The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies II. The book is from Prevention Magazine. The copyright is 1993, but there should still be something of use. I know how to check things out on the internet. 

The highlight of the day was when I found a penny on the electric cart at Publix--It was right by my foot. 

I found out an attorney friend died. And, I thought my friend with junk store was dead or in nursing home. I had lost her telephone number, so I saw her and got that. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I have switched my one med when I got tired of fighting the first one that I can't take what they wanted me to switch to and they wouldn't order what I was to have. What part of allergic to blue dye did they not understand. Can you drink cranberry juice? That stopped me from having UTI every time I turned around.My doctor also told me to drink 1 beer a week to flush my kidneys out. Haven't had a UTI since and that was a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      The doctor and nurse acted confused about my allergy to metals. I don't drink beer! So, that is out. I tried the cranberry route but it did not seem to help. This is the first uti since May, so I am doing better. I think the vit D helped. Someone said take vit C before bed. I am going to try that when I can remember to buy it.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...