Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Tomato and a Rant

When we left the house on Saturday, there was one perfect grape tomato. I picked it, wiped it off, and once in the car, Tommy bit it in half and I took the other half. It was delicious. 

Saturday night Tommy had the last lamb chop, baked potato, green beans,  salad: cucumber, yellow squash, baby carrots and Italian dressing and whole strawberries for dessert.

In a very few minutes on Saturday, Tommy and I managed to clean out two more boxes from the room where my things from years ago are stored here. It is amazing how much two boxes and a flat box being gone make a difference. I am in no hurry to get it out since it hurts me. But, a little done each day will see it cleaned out soon. Okay, not cleared out maybe but I can go for organized, lessened.

I have searched the internet for a clothes iron that has a smooth sole plate and does not spew steam. I hate a steam iron. Even if I buy a steam iron and never put water in it, there are still the holes in the sole plate. I have mentioned before that Tommy has never owned an iron or ironing board. If I am to sew, I need both. 

I can put a sheet down and use that for an ironing board, but the iron is still necessary for some things. A travel iron might work. What I won't do is get one of the little short boards to use. They are just a nuisance. 

Today, I finally found a thermometer. It is oral, not touchless. My thermometer was destroyed and he has never owned one.  I bought two more boxes of gloves. I am still searching for an oximeter. I found several blood pressure cuffs, but I don't know what kind, what I am looking for. Can anyone give me a clue as to what to look for in a blood pressure gauge/cuff?

On Saturday I was in line for over 30 minutes trying to check out. I thought I was going to explode but kept my mouth shut out of fear. A kid was riding a bike in and out of people social distancing. 

What I heard: 

Communist
trying to tell us what to do
Reds
666
chip under our skin
that 8 years I spent in prison
I know how to make a snare
no chip for me
I can catch enough food
mark on our forehead or no food
mark on hand to purchase

All the while the PA system was blaring a very creepy message about social distancing and how the store was going to care for us. I would have to be medicated if I were subjected to all this very often. 

Do you know if anyone still makes a full-sized dry iron? What is most important in blood pressure cuff/gauge? Any suggestions/brands? Have you been in a place where the people saying such things about conspiracies?

13 comments:

  1. Would this iron work for what you want? https://www.amazon.com/WASING-Industry-Household-Stainless-Soleplate/dp/B07SDKDHBD/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=clothing+iron+no+steam&qid=1596415320&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      Let me check it. I looked for a week and found nothing. This is embarassing!

      Delete
    2. It was pretty hidden in the midst of all the ones with the steam option so I can see how someone could miss it in a search! :)

      Delete
    3. Bri,
      Thanks. I thought I diligently searched.

      Delete
    4. thank you as my Amish neighbor was looking for a non steam iron. She cuts the cord off and uses her wood cook stove to heat the plate.

      Delete
    5. Chef,
      I hope the heat does not ruin the plate.

      Delete
  2. I am leaving a link for an iron from Amazon. It is non-steam with a solid plate.

    https://www.amazon.com/WASING-Industry-Household-Stainless-Soleplate/dp/B07SDKDHBD/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyJn5BRDrARIsADZ9ykGt9atJxmjyqL1EOd9KfqaVPdOOjjqGft4j1HjqVhGn62OPz3YOnxQaAjtxEALw_wcB&hvadid=322127560201&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9016155&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=6868587355754875012&hvtargid=kwd-297403923101&hydadcr=21987_9999536&keywords=iron+with+no+steam&qid=1596415889&sr=8-3&tag=googhydr-20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi,
      Let me look at it. It is embarrassing i did not find this.

      Delete
  3. Okay, Wendi and Bri, This is exactly what i need. I cannot believe that i did not find this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BP cuff monitor is made by OMRON I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I saw several of those and was confused. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. My doctor had me buy this one Omron Silver Blood Pressure Monitor, Upper Arm Cuff, Digital Bluetooth Blood Pressure Machine, Stores up To 80 Readings (BP5250). You could probably get it at Amazon. Told me to not use a wrist BP because if you are cold it won't read correctly. He likes that is stores the reading once you set it up. He actually set mine up for me.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...