Thursday, August 20, 2020

Ball and Dawn

It seems there are no canning supplies. Well, I have looked far and wide and cannot find jars or lids/rings. I did find regular mouth lids and no rings. I mostly have wide-mouth, so this is not much help. I had a coupon for $2 off two packages. I still have coupons for jars, so I really would like to find them. 

Wednesday night, I actually got five hours sleep. I still have a sleep deficit, but at least I feel a bit better. One night, I put the little oxygen tube things in my nose and slept without any oxygen turned on. I hate that thing. Another night, I did not sleep a wink because a bite on my ankle. Nothing would stop the itch. 

Today, a doctor's lab actually called me to see if anyone had told me the lab results. I was in shock because I usually have to beg to get lab results. 

Dawn is my favorite dish-washing liquid. Other liquids make my hands break out or made asthma worse.  A long time ago the top was a pull-up top. Now, it is a flip-top. I hate the flip top. Three times I have purchased other bottle of dish-washing liquid in hopes of using a different brand's top. None of the other tops worked. 

When I first realized the dispenser tops had changed, I took the pull top from the empty bottle and put it on the full bottle. Eventually someone "helped" me by tossing the now empty bottle with the pull top in favor of the new bottle. I was furious. 

At estate sales there are all the leftovers from a home. I was hoping maybe I could find the type Dawn I used and at least get the top. No such luck. 

I just got up from a nap that I really needed and feel so much better! 

Have you been able to find Ball products? Do you prefer the pull tops on dishwashing liquid or the flip tops? 

10 comments:

  1. From what I've been hearing there's a shortage of canning supplies throughout the country. I guess everybody's getting into canning this year? I've gotten a few extra jars at estate sales, and occasionally find canning flats (I have way more rings that I know what to do with), but haven't seen the flats at stores for months now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      Funny that the flats were all I found at Publix. I suppose there must be a lot of canning happening. Rings seem to rust, so I get low on them. Plus, I lost a lot of stuff last year. I did stand right there and say I wanted my new packages of Ball jars! Thank for confirming this!

      Delete
  2. I buy a big bottle of Dawn at Costco and pour some into an empty handsoap dispenser with a pump on it. I have been using the same pump dispenser for a number of years. Works really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That is a good idea. I want the ability to get one drop, only possible with the pull up top.

      Delete
  3. Try hardware stores like Ace Hardware. Some people in my area have had success with those type stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa B,
      What I am doing is not working! I will try Ace and others.

      Delete
  4. Check Amazon. Uline is expecting them in Sept.Might be able to order them through Walmart on line. I found some at ACE hardware, Rural King and Tractor and Supply co. I think Ajax dish soap has the lid you are looking for... dump the soap into something else and refill the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      My coupon is good until Sept. 30. I was hoping to use it! I will look at those places, too. Lots of soaps have the lid I want, just not Dawn. I was hoping not to have to do the dump and fill. But, it may be necessary if Dawn company does not help me. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I haven't a clue if dishwasher soap is the type one spends money on as it is worth it or the cheap stuff is good as anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      When I buy dishwashing soap, I have to consider the scent, my hands, and how well it works. I don't want to bother my allergies, have a rash on my hands or have to use half a bottle to do the job. Dawn is great on all three counts. I don't know if it is considered cheap or not. I always buy with a coupon or on sale.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...