Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day--Update New Serger

 Last week, I had no sleep and it was early in the morning, just after midnight. My hair was beyond filthy. I felt horrible. So, I decided I would cut my hair. After taking about 3/4 or less off the sides, I grabbed the back and cut a good 3" chunk out of my hair. Yes, it showed. But, I left it. After coloring my hair and, of course, washing it, the gap barely shows...lol. 

Yes, today is still my birthday week. Tommy paid for floor mats I picked out from Auto Zone. I would like to vacuum the floor in the front seat before I put them down. The hand-wash guy was closed, so we went to one in Bessemer, and it was closed. 

I decided cheesecake was the thing to have along with bbq chicken, slaw, beans, tomatoes, zucchini. So, I got the kind that is Jello No Bake Cheesecake. It will do. 

Last night/this morning, I started on the book by Mary Trump. I should finish it Wednesday as I will not be able to read any tomorrow. 

Just now, as Tommy was watching me and talking to me, I tried to drink from a water bottle as I was taking pills. I am not sure if I even got the bottle to my mouth before I dumped it down my chin and chest. Linda<-----pay attention! Okay, he said I did not have the bottle to my mouth as I turned away to pay attention to him. 

A new Juki serger is on the way to me. details later.


8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are an adventurous hairdresser, lol. Glad the gap doesn't show much. The inner and cheesecake sounds delicious. How are you enjoying the book by Mary Trump? It was nice of Tommy to buy the floor mats for you. I'd love to have a serger but I'm afraid I might serge the wrong things, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I am fascinated by Mary Trump's book and cannot wait to read more. He is not inspired about gifts. So, I told him what I wanted/needed. You would absolutely NOT sew the wrong things and not your fingers. I learned on a commercial serger. It was scary.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Linda, I have YET to meet the man who IS inspired about gifts. A good man is one you can guide to the store and the counter and point to exactly what you want. Don't ask for anything more than that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Tommy has yet to give me anything but utilitarian gifts, and not always useful, and mostly junk...lol. Ex was worse! His gifts were insulting.

      Delete
  3. Right now, cutting our own hair seems just fine-good enough is just fine! I saw a Jello cheesecake mix at Aldi and was tempted to buy to stick in the pantry fr a future treat once my daughter is on break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I am picky about my hair. Actually, just cut it the way I tell you, not the way and style you want me to have! If I don't pay for it, I am a little forgiving...lol. This was a free haircut, sooo, now I need to have my dl renewed and I can remember my pandemic haircut.

      Delete
  4. I spill things down the front of me all the time. Hubby just calls me by My mother's name when I do it. ALL her blouses had stains down the front from her spilling her coffee on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      This was not a spill or dribble, just dump! Patterned instead of solid clothes covers a multitude of stains! Tommy said I turned my head to listen to him and just poured it all over me. Thankfully, it was just water instead of milk or Coke or juice all over his sofa. There are days I really need a bib!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...