Monday, October 26, 2020

Fish in AirFryer? New Doctor and Cranberries

Sunday dinner: casserole of chicken, soup, brown rice, broccoli, with cheese on top. It was delicious. 

Tommy always is watching tv and not helping to wash dishes until I am desperate. He never refuses, just says okay and starts watching something else. I will not nag or yell at him. I keep saying we need a dishwasher who is not named Linda. I finally told him he may have to wash dishes alone! 

While dinner was in the oven, I told him we had to go and wash dishes so I would have something to store the leftovers. We do not argue and talk in low tones. So, not a big blowup or loudness. It is almost midnight and still he sits!

At one am, I told him I was going to wash dishes that he could dry. Still, he did not come. Finally, he said I should be more definite telling him....geeee!

I asked how he would like different nights for a designated kind of meal--casserole night, pizza night, crockpot night, beef night, etc. He laughed and said that would be like Big Bang's Chinese night and pizza night. 

The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of designated nights. I really prefer leftover night. But, I still don't want to cook to make leftovers...lol.

Monday, I met my new gastroenterologist, the one I have only talked with once. I like him and have no idea what he looks like. His picture on the internet does not seem to match his masked, real person self. 

I bought more broccoli to put into the last night's leftover casserole. I have a bag of slaw given to us. If it is good, we will have slaw. I bought some coleslaw with carrots, so either way, we will have slaw. 

Maybe I will not get  a pumpkin this year. We have lots of decorations. I cannot handle even a small pumpkin, and I cannot use a knife well enough to cut the tough skin. PLUS, the biggest thing is that I don't have chickens with whom to share. They loved pumpkins.  So, no pumpkin, just ghosts in the tree...lol. 

Today, I saw the first Ocean Spray fresh cranberries and paid a premium price-$2/package. I will have some, at least, if cranberries become scarce. I like to dehydrate cranberries for eating out of hand. Plus, when I make Stovetop Stuffing, I add dried cranberries and have no need for opening, buying or cooking them in a separate dish. Hopefully, I can find cranberries cheaper. I do not like Craisins because of added ingredients like oil and sugar.

For Wednesday night, I am considering having fish cooked in the air fryer and hope it works. Has anyone cooked fish in an air fryer? This is fish frozen with a skim of ice on each individual pieces. Was it good? Any caveats for me? 

14 comments:

  1. I've made frozen fish sticks in my air fryer. I've also made breaded pork chops and they were very good. I would go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried frozen fish in the air fryer but the fresh fish worked well

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those that did fish, how was it to get the fishy smell out? I only use a single pan for frying fish at home for that reason. (and do so rearley)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Mama cooked fried fish indoors in cast iron and she used it for other foods. No smell in the skillet. I used a cast iron pan on the outdoor grill. no smell. Maybe someone will answer.

      Delete
    2. SAM,
      I hope there is no residual smell! Mama and I used a cast iron skillet and never had a problem. However, I soon learned that using the gas outdoor grill solved the problem of the grease splatters of frying fish. I hope there is no smell left in the air fryer

      Delete
  4. I buy and freeze cranberries and then can have them during the rest of the year to make sauce. Also I use only 1/2 of the sugar that my recipe calls for and use my emersion blender in them. They are tasty and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did my comment go? Came back to check and it was gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I had to approve it, and I did. It's here. Can you see it?

      Delete
  6. I have reheated shrimp that I had battered & fried the night before in my air fryer. They came out perfectly moist inside and crispy outside. Some people punch holes in parchment paper to line their fryer basket to avoid sticking & for easy cleanup. Amazon actually sells parchment paper with the holes already punched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      This is good to know. I will check for the parchment paper with holes. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...