Sunday, October 25, 2020

I Do Not Love CVS, Cleaning Service

I knew I have some sort of credit at CVS and Walgreen's, so Saturday I thought I would use this credit to buy candy. After I went to the machine to get coupons at CVS, I sat in the car and looked them over, taking inside the ones I might use. Well, that was a bust. I will have to check the emails I keep getting from these two.

After I picked out the item for the coupon use, I still had to buy more to be at the $$ amount for the coupon. I ended up buying even more. The one thing I don't regret is finally getting something for roots, hair roots. I am not even going to mention what all I bought because I am not. 

This is why I never use many of the coupons at the drugstores. AND, I did not have other coupons to stack. It seemed it was once easier to get a bargain. Plus, bent over the cart is rough and I hurt. And, they only had $12 bags of candy and higher. I left those.

I know the strategy to use. It was not working Saturday!

Thankfully, the candy bags were smaller at Publix

Saturday, after we got home, I suppose I went into the kitchen a dozen times or more putting the final hanging shelves up and putting food on the shelves. Three minutes is my limit for standing and working. We can both tell it is getting better in the dining room and kitchen, less cluttered and more organized. Now, I just need light so I won't have to use a flashlight in there! 

I have said for months that we need someone to clean. Yesterday, I made the call while Tommy listened and Tommy participated by adding to what I said, just in the background. He thinks getting it all clean and then someone every two weeks will be necessary. I agreed. Whew! Of course, he knows he is paying for it. 

If I were able, I would clean.


14 comments:

  1. I am all for getting someone to clean if you are unable or too busy, if it can be afforded at all. It is such a worry to not be able to do it for one reason or another, that I think it's worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked when my mother had someone clean in her late 60s, but of course, I was all for it if she needed it. Tommy has obviously decided it has to be done. If I could, I would clean. Worth every penny for sure.

      Delete
  2. CVS confuses me and Ive yet to figure out what my points give me at Walgreens .

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have someone who comes once every two weeks. She sweeps, mops, does the countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms. Cleans the tubs and showers, toilets, etc. She's only here maybe two hours. My husband doesn't want me to have to do it, though I do clean in between when she's here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are really making progress with Tommy and the house! It's so nice to have someone come and do a thorough cleaning and then have them keep it up. I'll bet he'll be really happy once it gets done and say "why didn't we do that a long time ago?" LOL. My DH always does stuff like that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE,
      Tommy is slow coming around! Yet, he is okay when it finally happens.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you - sounds like she's creating a "new Tommy"!

      Delete
    3. Treaders,
      I think slowly he is realizing I cannot do this and neither can he. I need a "new Tommy."

      Delete
  5. Add me to the chorus of people who are happy about the cleaning help. I bet you don't even recognize the house from the place you moved into a year ago. Tommy is finally realizing the difference between a "house" and a "home."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne,
    It was a dark hovel with one bare light in the living room and about 40 huge Coke cups in the living room! Now, there are two more lamps and little on table. And, that is just the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. having someone clean the house other than you is worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, it is worth it. Besides, I cannot! Thanks for that support...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...