Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Picture of Me? Anne, Flu Vaccine

I suppose I finally put up a picture on the last post since one person said he could see it. I was still turning around, in motion, when my cousin snapped the picture last July.

That is one of the outfits I got after losing all my clothes. I am planning on putting short, fullish sleeves in it to hide my fat arms. What do you think of putting in short sleeves?

Today, I put on the pants I wore for 30 minutes to cut Tommy's hair. I discovered the whole pants are full of short, silver hairs! the little tufts of hair all over the yard look like little mice. 

We are planning on making ghosts tonight. It was 85F today, so nice. 

We are planning an outdoor meeting with friends for next Tuesday. It's exciting to plan this lunch. One of the churches with free lunches is planning to start back. We will not go there unless we can take lunch with us. 

My one goal for the next week is to stay well enough to take a flu shot. I hear you cannot be taking an antibiotic or have taken one lately, and you cannot be sick with anything. That is hard for me in October, but I am doing my best. Have you had your flu shot yet? If you get the shot at Publix, you get a $10 gift card. So, I suppose that will be $20 worth of free groceries next week. Do you get a perk for getting your shot?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't had a flu shot for several years and haven't had the flu either but I suppose this year I should get it again. I saw your picture in the last post too. It is like the picture from your old blog as far as I can tell. I didnt read your old blog as I hadn't found it back then but it showed up somehow with the picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      This year might be a good year to get a flu shot! This identical picture is on my old blog? If so, how odd. I do have an older picture on the home page of the old blog. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
    2. I meant on the picture of you on the old blog you look the same as you do on this one. It is not the same picture tho

      Delete
    3. Ann,
      That sounds like a real compliment since there is a 22 year difference in when the pictures were taken, maybe just 20. Thanks...lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh lucky you for getting a perk when you get your flu shot. I haven't had mine yet. I signed up on line 2 get notified when it was ready. I went to the pharmacy a few nights ago and see that the flu shot was in yet they never called me! So anyway I'll have to go in again when I'm ready. Like you it is hard not to feel poorly at this time of year just to get the shot. Hopefully I'll get mine later this week or early the week after. I forgot to mention that I could see your photo on the last post. Now I need to go back and look again to answer your question about the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every October is the same illness, all caused by allergies.

      Delete
  3. Okay I've had another look. I don't think you need to add sleeves unless you really want to. I know it's hot where you live so maybe sleeves aren't necessary. I think your arms look just fine but I know most women, including me, do not like the look of our upper arms. By the way, you look a lot younger than I imagined you were, lol. Funny what we imagine when we cannot see the person behind the words. Have a wonderful lunch. I too would take my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joyful,
      My shoulders and upper arms are soft and smooth, but where the sun has shone on my arms for years is rough looking to me. So, just wanted to save a bit of my skin. I just turned 74. I guess I sound like I am a bit decrepit looking. We and the other couple will get the lunch from the pick up lunch at the church.

      Delete
    2. OIC, if you need to save your arms from the sun then by all means gets some sleeves made. That sun can get awful hot. Enjoy your lunch.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I think I need sleeves to protect my skin since I don't want to have to wear a sweater in the summer. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I don't get a perk when I get the flu shot.
    I do not wear sleeveless things outside of my house and yard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I didn't either until I went to Publix last year. And, I never wore anything sleeveless at all until I got these two outfits.

      Delete
  5. We got our flu shots at Target. They give you $5.00. Publix is not in this area.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...