Thursday, October 15, 2020

Amazon Prime Day--Saving $100

For the last week or so I have seen that by applying and being accepted for an Amazon card, the recipient would receive a $100 gift card. I applied and received a gift card. The result was I paid $9.43 for an order of $109.43.

As I have stated before, I was tired of hunting down the melatonin I use. It was non-existent. So, I turned to Amazon. I really hate not to support brick and mortar stores, but I did. 

Natrol Melatonin, 2 oz., liquid, 1 mg was around $7. 
Natrol Melatonin, 8 oz, liquid, 2.5 mg was $9.99. 

I only take half the 1 mg dosage, so I will take 1/4 the dosage of the dosage of the of the bottle I am ordering. And, I will have four times the liquid. 

The comparison was astounding. I only use half the dosage, so I can take 1/4 the dosage in the larger bottle. There are three empty bottles with a dropper, so I will just decant the larger bottle  into the smaller ones. Now, I just need a really tiny funnel to decant into the smaller bottles. And, I know just where to get that.

Cutting onions was the bane of my existence a month or so ago. Cutting up one large onion caused me to tear and rub my eyes, leaving me with eye pain for two weeks. I have about 2 dozen onions to cut, so I bought a pair of swim goggles. The do not fit my face, so I am taking them back. Instead, I found onion goggles for $20.95.  Hopefully, these fit.

Several weeks ago, I found a product that seemed to fit the bill for my needs. These storage containers, hopefully, will work for freezing meals. They are glass and have three compartments and a silicone seal to keep foods from leaking from one compartment to another. $23.99

The last item I ordered was a boom box. Tommy has nothing on which to play music, and I refuse to go through this Christmas season without music! At the price of $46.99, I hope it works to provide a good experience.  Any Christmas music when you have none is great.

By the way, each of the four items was reduced, also. So, it was an even better savings.

I will not be using the credit card again, ever. 

After "shopping" at Amazon for three days, I got this order in just under the wire. I am still very excited about all I am getting for less than $10. I browsed the bargains advertised and found nothing interesting. Did you shop Prime Day? What great bargain did you purchase? Did you get the $100 for getting the Amazon Credit Card? 




17 comments:

  1. I've been watching the Amazon Prime deals and I didn't see anything I wanted. I do have a few items I wish to order but they were not on the sale. I have not applied for the Amazon Credit card. I already have too many credit cards. I use Amazon now and then and I pay for Prime due to the shipping costs. It comes with the subscription to watch their movies and such. All in all, I think so far I've come out ahead and I will continue this way until it no longer 'pays'. Now I see my television and home phone carrier is including Amazon and Netflix and other things in their promotions but I will keep them separate. I'm glad you got some deals you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I will not be using the Amazon card! When I get Belk's paid, I might. Fr some reason, forgot what, I was given free prime for a month, but I am not sure how to watch the movies. Everything I bought was reduced, too.

      Delete
    2. To watch Amazon movies just google amazon prime video and use the same password you use to order from amazon. You should watch the movies so you get your monies worth.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      Thanks, I will do that right now.

      Delete
  2. I didn't even look really, but no one needs anything and with the older adult kids either thinking of buying a house, or just trying to keep head above water,and the youngest in college, saving cash instead of stuff is probably best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Since I ran out of my brand of melatonin, I looked for it last week. THEN, I realized the goggles did not fit, and was going to buy 3-section freezer things, anyway. I was not going to waste the rest of the $100, so looked for the boombox. I had another item in the cart, but took it out to spend the least money. So, I was under restrictions that were self-imposed.

      Delete
  3. I found a small dining room buffet I loved on amazon, but it was $140, which I thought was high for something I might not like in person. Then I got the amazon prime visa message and applied. I got the buffet for $40 and free shipping with Prime. I also got 683 points on my new credit card, which I don’t plan to use again either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catrina,
      That is a good strategy. I am sure if it cost $40, you will love it. Good for you! Did I get points on my cc, too?

      Delete
  4. I looked at some of the Prime Day specials but needed nothing, so I bought nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      None of those specials interested me, either. However, everything I bought was reduced, just not advertised.

      Delete
  5. I use my amazon card for all my amazon purchases but no where else. Honestly I don't tend to use credit cards anymore. Just my debt card or cash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was mere coincidence I went on Amazon the day this happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      If you ever buy one thing on Amazon, they stay in touch.

      Delete
  7. I also use the Amazon card on Amazon and spend the points on things I might not buy otherwise. I use the Costco CC for most other purchases as they give you cash(in the form of a check) instead of points. My daughter uses hers for EVERYTHING and the cash she receives is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I might use it a bit and use the points for things I need...lol. I have heard that the cash can be a lot from some of these cards.

      Delete
  8. When a customer is browsing Amazon they will sometimes remember something else that they wanted to buy and they go and buy it. So you get a commission on the product you promote (assuming they bought that) as well as any other product they buy. topselling

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...