Wednesday, December 30, 2020

New Toy, Dandelions, Vaccine, Stock Up, Sodium, AT&T

 I got Tommy and I a new toy each. This is sort of like getting a new toy to distract a bored cat. Maybe. Are we bored cats? This is a little cup on a handle with a wooden ball on a string attached to the cup. I don't think I have ever gotten the ball in the cup, but today I did. He is better and got the ball in sooner. We both have one in different colors. 

Okay, I just caught the ball again. Again! Maybe I can get  better at this. 

Before Christmas, three dandelions had bloomed in the yard. Then, we were driving somewhere and saw a whole yard at some commercial place full of dandelions, maybe 100. They think it is spring here. Sine it is 69F here, maybe spring is here?

I called my allergist to discuss Covid vaccines. My daughter and I have had a serious allergic reaction to the Tetanus vaccine. So, I am now more afraid of the reaction I might have than Covid19! I asked him if he would be giving the vaccine. He said he has applied and is hoping he can. He has other patients who are afraid of an allergic reaction. 

He told me, yes, my inhalers can help if I start being ill. I had heard that, but wanted to be sure and check with him. So, I need to start carrying them with me. I need to take my EPI pen to the vaccine appointment. I feel somewhat relieved. Oh, I am to get my vaccine at the hospital where his office is located. After my 15 minutes there after the vaccine site, I will go immediately to his office where he will have me wait for an hour. 

I feel much better/more relieved after the telephone visit with my allergist. And, he advised me which ENT will be best for my tooth aftermath and fever. I called the oral surgeon who is going to get me a visit soon with the ENT. 

I went out and bought 6 cans of Hunts Diced Tomatoes,  No Salt added. I had to pay full price, $0.97. But, I will be on the lookout for sales. I accidentally bought one can that was not "no salt." The difference in sodium per half cup is astounding. 1/2 cup has15 mg  in no sodium and 200 mg in the can with sodium. I read cans. And, next year I will freeze or can tomatoes!

At last, my ATT cell service seems to be restored after the bombing in Nashville. It is amazing how one bomb can screw up so many services. If we had been stranded on the highway, there was no cell service to call for help. 

Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction to a vaccine? 

14 comments:

  1. Where I live in Georgia is almost the same latitude as where you live in Alabama, and the first flowers we see every spring are jonquils. Yellow jonquils. Do you think your dandelions could be jonquils?

    The difference in the sodium amount in the regular and no salt tomatoes is unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be growing and canning more tomatoes next year. Also make and can tomato sauce. No salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gregg,
      Salt is not needed to preserve tomatoes, just season them. My mother put salt in her tomatoes she canned, so I did, too. No more.

      Delete
  3. I’ve never had a reaction to a vaccine except for maybe a little arm pain. I want the Covid vaccine but I’m 63 so I’m not in a top tier, husband is 64 so he isn’t either. But I will be getting one as soon as I can.
    Salt levels in most preserved foods is crazy! I make my own chicken broth as canned broth is sky high in sodium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      This was much worse than arm pain! Hopefully, your turn won't be too far away.
      If I use chicken broth, I use no other seasoning. My chicken broth is not good when I make it.

      Delete
  4. I remember that little game but don't remember the name of it. It's good for indoors don't you think? I always used to have canned tomatoes on hand but these days with the price of tomatoes and pasta sauce it is getting harder to keep them in stock. It is much cheaper if I ever get to the dollar store which is not that handy for me to get too. Happy New Year to you and Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Yes, perfect for indoors. I thought I had canned tomatoes, but obviously it was the one thing I did not have stocked! They are expensive. Thank you. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  5. I think you are wise to consider the vaccine through your allergist. I hope it works out for you. And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Happy New Year! Our reaction was so severe, that with my allergist is the only way I feel safe.

      Delete
  6. We are in the age zone for the vaccine — 79 and 85 — but neither one of us is in a hurry to be first in line. We want to wait and see how effective it is, whether there are major side effects and reactions, and so forth, what the experience of others is, before we agree to get vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep on allergy reactions. They are not sure I can take covid vaccine due to being on a biologic with suppressing immunity.
    The ball and cup game is very good for you. Try it with both hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      You have even more reason to be cautious. I thought it would be good for both of us! Oh, gee! Now, i have to use my left hand? lol, will try that.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...