Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Night Before the Night Before Christmas

 There was not much left to be done today. I went to drive-up at pharmacy to get a prescription. Then, went in another store to get otc. Then, we went to The Pig to get bananas, tomatoes, and PictSweet from freezer section--broccoli in 6 lb. bag and two small packages of Brussel's sprouts. 

As we delivered more to the Pink Purse woman, we had a Whopper Jr. and ate in the park. She is quitting and moving. She is older and the manager harasses this older employee. So, she is just going to retire and move away from Birmingham.  Today, I gave her cans of fruit, bag of brownie mix and Suddenly Salad. Plus, a Christmas scarf. 

It started to rain about 4 pm and will be raining all night, it appears. We will go out one time for Dasani water on Christmas Eve. In a break in the rain, we will go get water. And, I believe Christmas Day will be rainy. 


8 comments:

  1. A very Merry Christmas to you and Tommy! I hope you have a lovely day.

    While you will have rain on Christmas Day I think our day will be clear and sunny for the first time in I don't remember when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Merry Christmas! Thanks.

      Tommy said it is not going to rain, so I am not sure. But, it will be very cold. I am glad you will get sunny weather. I hate it to rain because kids cannot ride new bikes.

      Delete
    2. It was a very beautiful day today but rather chilly. That's what happens here in winter when it doesn't rain. You feel the cold even though it was probably only 2 Celcius and not minus figures, lol. It is damp here so one feels the chill. It's supposed to be nice for the next few days. I will appreciate the sunshine.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I don't care what the temp is if I have sunshine!

      Delete
  2. I’m sorry your new friend was not treated well. I hate hearing that. I’m sure she enjoyed the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I am sure she will. She needs lots of kindness right now.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...