Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Returns, Poinsettia

 We went to Cullman today and accomplished lots. There is nothing worth mentioning. However, I did get a return to Lowe's done. Stuff out of the house and a gift card are good reasons to be happy. I bought a poinsettia for $5.98. It is not large but there would not be room for a really large one. Plus, I got two of the covers for his outdoor faucets. 

It is looking Christmasy around the house! I have a 6" metal tree that holds a votive candle. I put an electric one in it. I bought new ornaments to add to the ones for the small tree. But, I do not know where the ornament hangers are. So, I shopped for those in the store. All I could find was three-inch silver hangers that are no more than flimsy bent wire. So, I had to use my plier with the side-cutter and cut each hnger in half. Then, I used the needle nose to twist the wire so it would hold the ornament. I wonder what happened to sturdy ornament hangers? Do they no longer sell them? 

In order to keep all this together, I bought a green and red bin to store things instead of a multitude of boxes. I missed an orange one for Halloween items. I will get a pink one for Valentine's day and lavender or pale green for Easter. 

I made a return at Belk's, too, could not find what I was looking for and bought a cute pink beanie with white pearls stitched on the beanie. Tommy was all smiles and said it was cute on me. Gee, I have to keep it because he rarely has any demonstration of liking what I wear. 

Tommy has shown more interest in Christmas than he did last year. That makes it much more pleasant around here. When I put out the candy canes, he wanted one. Last year, he refused to eat one. That bit of news is my only contribution to my blogmas this December. 

I sent out the second round of cards, five whole cards...lol. I still have a few more to go. 

Who has snow at their house?

14 comments:

  1. We have snow and cold temps- brrr!

    My son sent me a photo of a small white poinsettia he had just got from a client. It was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,I might like snow if it would go away overnight. I bet it is pretty. I started to get a white poinsettia. Since I could only afford one, I got red.

      Delete
  2. We're supposed to get 4 to 8 tonight. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. SAM,
      I would have thought you would have had snow. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. It doesn't sound like Tommy has ever been domesticated. Has he ever been married? Your efforts to be festive seem very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      I know he has never been domesticated! He has never been married or even close except for once. Thanks. He thinks it is all nice, too. He is begrudgingly getting into Christmas this year.

      Delete
  5. No snow here, but cold and wet. Very dreary weather. I have only sent out a few cards...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      cold, wet, and yes, it is dreary. And, no more cards were addressed today since i spilled rice and on the carpet and have have no vacuum!

      Delete
  6. I am sure with your dark hair you looked cute in a pink beanie with pearls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thanks. It is actually called blush, so very pale. I think I look cute in most shades of pink...lol.

      Delete
  7. If there is snow here it will be national headlines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I can imagine. Snow made the national headlines in 1993 when it socked in the South. I was housebound for one week.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...